GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Patients don't like medical students, they like 'trainee doctors'."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/11/03 at 11:42
Regular
'LONDON (Reuters) - Patients reluctant to have a medical student sit in on their consultation are less worried if the student is introduced as a "trainee" instead, a doctor wrote on Friday in Britain's leading medical journal.

Patients are much more willing to accept the presence of a "trainee doctor" or even a "student doctor" than a "medical student," Hany George El-Sayeh wrote in the British Medical Journal.

He said patients feared they would be seen by a scruffy, disinterested youth who might later report their intimacies in the bar. Describing a student as a trainee doctor would also heighten the youngster's esteem, he added. But trainees themselves ought to counter stereotypes by making a greater effort to appear interested, smart and punctual, he said.'

If I ever open up a General practice, I'm going to make all the possible patients do an IQ test first.

You simply can't escape the fact that a doctor sees someone with 3 balls, everyone will know about it with 2 days. Whether he's a first year med student or a 50 year old doctor.
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:56
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Wi-Fi wrote:
> I let one come in during my appointment, it just felt awkward knowing
> he was staring while the doc inspected me.

It may make you feel awkward, but i bet they felt just as awkward too. I had an appointment at my docs not so long back and there was a student there, she never said a word, if she was looked at she looked away. She really seemed to lack in confidence.
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:36
Regular
I let one come in during my appointment, it just felt awkward knowing he was staring while the doc inspected me.
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:29
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I always let med students sit in on my consultations. I know one or two of them by name now. It would make no difference to me if they were called trainees or med students, its all the same.
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:13
Regular
Gígž wrote:
> Dont foget that nasty child abusive comment which should of got him
> banned in the topic "when did you first have..."

Umm...he mentioned that, love.
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:12
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Gígž wrote:
> Kill Him.

LOL, now your thinking straight!
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:10
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Dont foget that nasty child abusive comment which should of got him banned in the topic "when did you first have..."
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:09
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Kill Him.
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:08
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Gígž wrote:
> I am not sure if you should continue Mr Pink

Well I dunno, it seems he joined the site, got mad at a girl, made a thread about all girls on the internet being mingers and followed girls around the forums trashing everything they said, was known to have made a molestering comment of some king and then says "I'm sorry" and we expect all to be forgeiven?
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:05
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I am not sure if you should continue Mr Pink
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Emperor Xerxes wrote:
> Mr Pink wrote:
> Almost an intellegent sensible post there, but it slipped right at
> the
> end!
>
> Now, now Mr Pink. Let us all put that nastiness behind us and move
> forwards. Ok everyone? Good.

Oh, but I'm not done yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.