GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Patients don't like medical students, they like 'trainee doctors'."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/11/03 at 11:42
Regular
'LONDON (Reuters) - Patients reluctant to have a medical student sit in on their consultation are less worried if the student is introduced as a "trainee" instead, a doctor wrote on Friday in Britain's leading medical journal.

Patients are much more willing to accept the presence of a "trainee doctor" or even a "student doctor" than a "medical student," Hany George El-Sayeh wrote in the British Medical Journal.

He said patients feared they would be seen by a scruffy, disinterested youth who might later report their intimacies in the bar. Describing a student as a trainee doctor would also heighten the youngster's esteem, he added. But trainees themselves ought to counter stereotypes by making a greater effort to appear interested, smart and punctual, he said.'

If I ever open up a General practice, I'm going to make all the possible patients do an IQ test first.

You simply can't escape the fact that a doctor sees someone with 3 balls, everyone will know about it with 2 days. Whether he's a first year med student or a 50 year old doctor.
Sun 09/11/03 at 11:42
Regular
'LONDON (Reuters) - Patients reluctant to have a medical student sit in on their consultation are less worried if the student is introduced as a "trainee" instead, a doctor wrote on Friday in Britain's leading medical journal.

Patients are much more willing to accept the presence of a "trainee doctor" or even a "student doctor" than a "medical student," Hany George El-Sayeh wrote in the British Medical Journal.

He said patients feared they would be seen by a scruffy, disinterested youth who might later report their intimacies in the bar. Describing a student as a trainee doctor would also heighten the youngster's esteem, he added. But trainees themselves ought to counter stereotypes by making a greater effort to appear interested, smart and punctual, he said.'

If I ever open up a General practice, I'm going to make all the possible patients do an IQ test first.

You simply can't escape the fact that a doctor sees someone with 3 balls, everyone will know about it with 2 days. Whether he's a first year med student or a 50 year old doctor.
Sun 09/11/03 at 11:45
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Trainee Doctor / Medical Student

I actually would prefer a Trainee Doctor because it sounds like they know what there on about unlike a medical student who sounds like he/she has just become a nurse and is now going to do doctor work with no experience.
Sun 09/11/03 at 11:51
"Mimmargh!"
Indeed. A purely psychological reaction. But an understandable one. The idea or 'student' typically sounds unproffesional, un-trained, or learning. Trainee on the otherhand indicates prior training, proffessional knowlege and some clue as to what they are doing. But it is the same as I would rather see a trainee than a student, and would rather see a doctor than a trainee, and rather see a consultant than a doctor. Its all about rank and our innate schema. Or at least thats my take on things. Interessting, nethertheless.
Sun 09/11/03 at 11:52
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Almost an intellegent sensible post there, but it slipped right at the end!
Sun 09/11/03 at 11:53
"Mimmargh!"
Mr Pink wrote:
> Almost an intellegent sensible post there, but it slipped right at the
> end!

Now, now Mr Pink. Let us all put that nastiness behind us and move forwards. Ok everyone? Good.
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:01
Regular
Mr Pink wrote:
> Almost an intellegent sensible post there, but it slipped right at the
> end!

I had to insult someone to fulfill my daily insult requirements, and so I chose the Great British public. Who ironically, aren't all that great.

Anyway: Even though I get what you're all saying, thats it a pschological deal, in realising that wouldn't you say "okay, its all in my head, i dont mind if i have a med student or a trainee doctor watching my examination"?
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Emperor Xerxes wrote:
> Mr Pink wrote:
> Almost an intellegent sensible post there, but it slipped right at
> the
> end!
>
> Now, now Mr Pink. Let us all put that nastiness behind us and move
> forwards. Ok everyone? Good.

Oh, but I'm not done yet.
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:05
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I am not sure if you should continue Mr Pink
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:08
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Gígž wrote:
> I am not sure if you should continue Mr Pink

Well I dunno, it seems he joined the site, got mad at a girl, made a thread about all girls on the internet being mingers and followed girls around the forums trashing everything they said, was known to have made a molestering comment of some king and then says "I'm sorry" and we expect all to be forgeiven?
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:09
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Kill Him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.