GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario 128 for the Cube or N5 ?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/11/03 at 12:44
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
MARIO 128 IN DOUBT FOR GAMECUBE?

NOA vice president says the next major Mazza title is "definitely not certain" for 'Cube. Oo-er

11:14 It's all going swimmingly for Nintendo at the moment; great games on the horizon, sales up, and even cool extras like the Zelda bonus disc to keep the people interested. Inevitably, then, there's some slightly less positive news a-comin', Jeb.
George Harrison, US vice president of marketing and a fellow who has been admirably frank and open in the past, has suggested that Mario 128 isn't necessarily going to appear on the GameCube after all, saying in an interview with CNN Money that Mario 128's prescence on the GameCube is "definitely not certain".

Mario 128 was originally shown as tech demo ' 100 Marios', but following Mario Sunshine, legendary game designer Shigeru Miyamoto said that a full game featuring innovative gameplay was in development. Indeed, the gameplay's innovation was the reason given for the title not being shown at this year's E3 show.

Harrison's comment suggests that while the title is still in development, Nintendo is undecided as to whether to keep the game on 'Cube or instead use it, most obviously as a killer launch title, for its successor to the GameCube, in the same way that Factor 5's Pilotwings sequel is believed to heading to Nintendo's next hardware. Either way, the lack of a Mario title for the launch of GameCube was definitely a blow and may be a key factor in the company's current thinking.

Nintendo of Europe had no further comment to add.
Thu 06/11/03 at 16:49
"The Will of D."
er-no wrote:
> Nintendo and Microsoft are going to join up anyway, don't bother
> discussing it.
Er who told you that er-no?
Thu 06/11/03 at 16:48
"The Will of D."
It would be quite cool if the Gamecube 2 or N5 used 256MB which is yet again double the amount the previous console has, and means better graphics and better games and possibly sound as well.
Thu 06/11/03 at 16:44
Regular
"everyone says it"
Nintendo and Microsoft are going to join up anyway, don't bother discussing it.
Thu 06/11/03 at 16:21
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
They are a little pricey but it should be worth it, any portable colour TV under 14" is quite expensive, only the black and white ones are cheap.

Let us know what the picture quality is like, they have similar ones on ebay cheaper but your buying direct from China which is always a bit off-putting.
Thu 06/11/03 at 15:25
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> I see, like I said I bought a Blaze one and returned it after beoing
> disappointed with the quality, this one seems to be popular though
>
> http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/ (space)
> q_GG3426_logic_3_games_cons.html
>
> which one did you get ?

I took your advice and bought a small LCD TV instead from flyonthewall.uk.com - it's a little expensive, but hopefully I can play games properly now, and get back to buying them again.
Thu 06/11/03 at 15:10
Regular
If the Mario 128 is pushed over to the N5 the name has to be reconsidered since the N5 will probably have fore than 128 bits
Thu 06/11/03 at 14:34
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I see, like I said I bought a Blaze one and returned it after beoing disappointed with the quality, this one seems to be popular though

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/ (space) q_GG3426_logic_3_games_cons.html

which one did you get ?
Thu 06/11/03 at 13:12
Let me explain. I was going on about how inferior the quality of display was when put through a vga box to the PC monitor, before you suggested a seperate LCD TV screen to me.
Thu 06/11/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
eh ?
Thu 06/11/03 at 13:00
Um right. Being extremely off topic now, but how do your games play on your TFT screen again? I'm expecting mine any minute now...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.