GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario 128 for the Cube or N5 ?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/11/03 at 12:44
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
MARIO 128 IN DOUBT FOR GAMECUBE?

NOA vice president says the next major Mazza title is "definitely not certain" for 'Cube. Oo-er

11:14 It's all going swimmingly for Nintendo at the moment; great games on the horizon, sales up, and even cool extras like the Zelda bonus disc to keep the people interested. Inevitably, then, there's some slightly less positive news a-comin', Jeb.
George Harrison, US vice president of marketing and a fellow who has been admirably frank and open in the past, has suggested that Mario 128 isn't necessarily going to appear on the GameCube after all, saying in an interview with CNN Money that Mario 128's prescence on the GameCube is "definitely not certain".

Mario 128 was originally shown as tech demo ' 100 Marios', but following Mario Sunshine, legendary game designer Shigeru Miyamoto said that a full game featuring innovative gameplay was in development. Indeed, the gameplay's innovation was the reason given for the title not being shown at this year's E3 show.

Harrison's comment suggests that while the title is still in development, Nintendo is undecided as to whether to keep the game on 'Cube or instead use it, most obviously as a killer launch title, for its successor to the GameCube, in the same way that Factor 5's Pilotwings sequel is believed to heading to Nintendo's next hardware. Either way, the lack of a Mario title for the launch of GameCube was definitely a blow and may be a key factor in the company's current thinking.

Nintendo of Europe had no further comment to add.
Fri 07/11/03 at 10:35
Regular
I don't think so...
Fri 07/11/03 at 00:34
Regular
"everyone says it"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> Nintendo and Microsoft are going to join up anyway, don't bother
> discussing it.
> Er who told you that er-no?

Nintendo insider and the fact that Xbox2 is now going to be internally nearly identical through Microsoft switching chip companies.

Its so obvious.
Fri 07/11/03 at 00:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Put it this way, if they don't put Mario 128 onto the N5, then they're going to have to come with a new Mario title for the N5 launch or near-launch as well.

I'd reckon they'd want to launch with a Mario title, noticably lacking from the Cube's launch.
Thu 06/11/03 at 22:22
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> leflus wrote:
> If the Mario 128 is pushed over to the N5 the name has to be
> reconsidered since the N5 will probably have fore than 128 bits
>
> Not really, seeing as the Cube isn't even 128 bit, plus I thought it
> was meant to mean Mario 64 2 - as in Mario 128.

It is 128 bit.

There will be a joining of Microsoft and Nintendo as the ultimate console.
Thu 06/11/03 at 18:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
But being 512bit wouldn't necessarily improve anything.
Stop living in 1999.
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:54
Regular
Mobile Mickey wrote:
> Wouldn`t it be better if it was 512-bit? Imagine the graphics!

Indeed.
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:53
Regular
"MAN UTD til I die!"
Wouldn`t it be better if it was 512-bit? Imagine the graphics!
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:46
Regular
leflus wrote:

Not really, seeing as the Cube isn't even 128 bit, plus I thought it was meant to mean Mario 64 2 - as in Mario 128.
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:41
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> It would be quite cool if the Gamecube 2 or N5 used 256MB which is yet
> again double the amount the previous console has, and means better
> graphics and better games and possibly sound as well.

Lol - n00b! ;)
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:39
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
leflus wrote:

Don't see why - bit rates are nowhere near the bottle neck that once they were (for a very short period of time before being blown out of all proportion for years). XBox and pretty much any PC will be 32 bit, in fact the N5 chip may even drop from 128 bit to 32/64 and just bump up the speed. May be more cost effective too, more stock 32 bit chips out there than needlessly bespoke 128 bit ones.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.