GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Matrix: Retardlotions - my review. *no spoilers*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/11/03 at 18:14
Regular
"everyone says it"
I was shocked! I was amazed!

Possibly the worst film I've ever seen at the cinema. Its script doesn't hold together, the narrrative and structure is terrible and the best characters don't even feature that heavily.

I didn't think it was possible for a film to be so coherantly bad, yet this one manages to collect itself into small pieces of crap before ending in a blatent and unspectacular manner. I wish they hadn't made the sequels, the first was so good.

Try and argue that this film was good? I'll let you pass.
Try and argue that this film was great? Your an idiot who knows nothing and likes seeing repetitive rubbish that you cannot understand or follow. It made no sense and argh... I can't go on.

I gave it a chance, I thought I'd actually be quite good. Urgh.

I was shocked. I was amazed.
Fri 07/11/03 at 12:39
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Everything that happens at the end of Revolutions is what the architect spoke about in Reloaded, for a start. If you're going to feign intelligence you need to take a more careful look at things :-)
Fri 07/11/03 at 12:02
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
There wasn't any meaning at all. None of the loose ends were tied up. Instead of offering good explanations it was "oh, it just is." Which is why it left me dissatisfied and disappointed.
Fri 07/11/03 at 10:43
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Meaning?

The only meaning to be garnered is "ooh, Neo is well hard" and "haha the Oracle was being clever" and finally "peace prevails". Beyond that there's nothing clever. All the crap about merovingians, keymasters, etc is just vacusous crap thrown in to send you on a scent-trail that leads nowhere.
Fri 07/11/03 at 10:40
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Hate to spoil it for you but there's quite a lot of meaning, it all ties in with what is said in Reloaded and helps make sense of that movie. It's just Revolutions doesn't introduce any new twists like the previous films did.

I still say the biggest problem is the anti-climax. When the kid is running about saying "the war is over!!" and nobody reacts, that's kind of how it was for us too.
Fri 07/11/03 at 10:10
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
My opinion of this film (contains minor spoilers):

Top stuff! Out of the proverbial window went all of those fancy pants dissections of "what it all means" and how it was all going to pan out. Instead, some much easier to digest material, without random over-complicated discussions a lá the Architect scene in Reloaded. The Zion battle was great, big fat lumbering robots shooting randomly at a swarm of massing insects, with much "Aaargh dieeeee!" inserted to good effect.

The bullet-time punch will stay with me forever as one of the most hilarious laugh out loud moments in cinema history - truly inspired. And having someone impersonate the acting style of Hugo "Smith" Weaving like that was hilarious viewing for someone who used to impersonate the style for laughs following the original movie. Excellent again.

I'm also going to be contraversial and say that I enjoyed te way they ended the movie, bar the excessive use of golden light towards the end, and the superman rip-off flying scenes.

If you watch this movie looking for "the answers" as many geeky greaseheads will have done, you're going to be disappointed. Go in looking for a movie that doesn't make you think too much, and delivers some more worthy fight scenes that remind you of the all time classic line "I know Kung-Fu" and make you think, yeah, it would be awesome to do that, then this film will rock.

The only other problem I saw was how incredibly long a certain character took to die despite being skewered by about fifty king-size kebab sticks, managing to deliver a hefty speech before finally passing away. But still, I got all I wanted from this movie, including the immense satisfaction coming from the fact that all those sad winkers who spent 6 months digesting the other two movies line by line, prop by prop and licence plate by licence plate had their efforts proved utterly fruitless and without meaning. Oh how I chuckled.

I will be buying the box set when it's available, and watching all three back to back with a huge grin on my face.

"Why, Mr Anderson, WHY WHY!?!"

Yes.
Fri 07/11/03 at 03:05
Regular
"Henshin!"
I think the problem is that film students will always hold different views of films than those that do not study film. In the same scense that art students may appreciate art in a completely different way to your average joe walking through an art gallery.

So er-no hated Revolutions. Big deal. There are a million and one people that will agree vicously and another million and one that will defend the film to their last breath. As an average Joe I thought Revolutions rocked over Reloaded but still doesn't touch the crispy goodness of the origional.

That doesn't mean I see anyones opinion as being less valid than my own. Just different.

er-no is no more guilty of lording his opinion than those that say Revolutions was awesome and anyone that thinks otherwise is a fool. We all have our private soapboxes people.

Hybrid out.
Fri 07/11/03 at 02:35
Regular
"everyone says it"
Goatboy wrote:
> You dont like the film. That's cool.

Cheers.

> Because, like hundreds of thousands of other people, you take a
> subject at college.

I take a subject at uni, a course that only lets in 150people per year from over 3000 apps. Its the only course in the UK where you do a BsC in film.. I don't quite understand it myself, but its not a dos subject nor an arts.

Taught by somebody that knows so much about film,
> they're not actually out there doing it themselves.
> Yeah. Right.

> But until then, realise that you are one in a hundred thousand of
> wannabes and just say why you didn't enjoy a movie.

Your very correct, my lecturers are from a bandwagon of has-beens and rejects, one of them loves Star Wars and the other doesn't know how to use greenscreen tech. Its a great shame, but I have been to Pinewood and I do know a thing or two from working my ass off trying to get a few contacts or make it. I didn't mess about with a camera, I really have tried. Problem is, my opinion is normally very blunt, I don't like explaining myself and I incorperate a stupid amount of arrogance into my posts; hence me coming across as trying to place myself above others.

> I have yet to see a script from yourself turned into a worldwide
> cinema smash, so you'll forgive me if I don't aqquiesce to your
> review and, instead, point and shake my head at a mini Paul Ross.

You'll probably never see that either, I'll end up as someone who tried a lot and didn't quite make it but I'll always hold that Revolutions was a bad film - especially for the potential Reloaded and Revolutions had following on from the first.
Fri 07/11/03 at 01:06
Regular
heh
Fri 07/11/03 at 00:50
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
er-no wrote:
>I look forward to you gritting your teeth after watching Revolutions and
> still saying its good.

You dont understand what I'm saying do you?
I'll go through it once more, slowly and using small words:

You dont like the film. That's cool.
You strut like a peacock (in a baseball cap) and attempt to lord it over others by saying if they did like it, then they watched any old crap - thereby implicating that you didn't enjoy it because you are oh-so-superior to everyone else.
Because, like hundreds of thousands of other people, you take a subject at college. Taught by somebody that knows so much about film, they're not actually out there doing it themselves.
Yeah. Right.
Don't enjoy the film, nobody says you have to. Just don't attempt to put yourself above others by stating you're some kind of wunderkind.
Because you're not. You may be one day, you may buck the trend and become the world's greatest director.
But until then, realise that you are one in a hundred thousand of wannabes and just say why you didn't enjoy a movie.

My opinion on this film is perfect, its a
> terrible film.
In your opinion.
I have yet to see a script from yourself turned into a worldwide cinema smash, so you'll forgive me if I don't aqquiesce to your review and, instead, point and shake my head at a mini Paul Ross.
Fri 07/11/03 at 00:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
So tell me er-no, did you not like Revolutions before or after you called Reloaded "one of the biggest flops in movie history", despite me repeatedly ctr+v the box office? You can check yourself on imdb.com.

Or was it right after you copped off with Keira Knightly?

You are so full of it, which is why your opinion on a film doesn't count.
Even as a film student with a full almost 2-years under his belt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.