GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something I never expected to see!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/03/01 at 21:33
Regular
My brother gets Nintendo Official Magazine through the post on it's date of publishing and when I read it I thought, "Yay-more N64 games previewed and even a Pokémon Gold Review!"

I got reading all the reviews and previews and took a look at the "Club Mario" section, laughed at Cardiff boy thinking that Links Ocarina in Majora's Mask is the one Saria gives him in Ocarina of time....

Then I saw something which I thought I'd never ever see in Nintendo's own Magazine:

Sonic and other Sega games printed on a whole page with an article about them!

Even though I already knew about Sega working on Gamecube and Gameboy Advance titles I was still amazed to see it in writing in Nintendo's own magazine!

It's a piece of gaming history! One of the most important pieces of history since Shiguru Miyamoto made the first ever platform game!

That issue of Nintendo Official Magazine is one to keep in a very safe place cos I can guarantee you wont see official gaming news like that for a long, long time!
Fri 09/03/01 at 21:33
Regular
My brother gets Nintendo Official Magazine through the post on it's date of publishing and when I read it I thought, "Yay-more N64 games previewed and even a Pokémon Gold Review!"

I got reading all the reviews and previews and took a look at the "Club Mario" section, laughed at Cardiff boy thinking that Links Ocarina in Majora's Mask is the one Saria gives him in Ocarina of time....

Then I saw something which I thought I'd never ever see in Nintendo's own Magazine:

Sonic and other Sega games printed on a whole page with an article about them!

Even though I already knew about Sega working on Gamecube and Gameboy Advance titles I was still amazed to see it in writing in Nintendo's own magazine!

It's a piece of gaming history! One of the most important pieces of history since Shiguru Miyamoto made the first ever platform game!

That issue of Nintendo Official Magazine is one to keep in a very safe place cos I can guarantee you wont see official gaming news like that for a long, long time!
Fri 09/03/01 at 21:40
Regular
True it was a decent mag.
Fri 09/03/01 at 21:43
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
It is soooooooooo easy to be a 'Wario's Winner; in that mag, and get a game. You just have to write a VERY short, VERY sharp sentace and you're there!

The Game
Fri 09/03/01 at 21:44
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I notice you made a point of mentioning that it's your brothers copy of ONM and not your own ;)

Anyway, yes it's a truly meaningful occasion. I wonder if SEGA will release many Game gear games on the GBA? (which is suspiciously similar in design to SEGA's failed hand held...) It would just strike me as rather ironic if that happened, just like a blast from the past.

"Let's all worship SEGA now they're not our rivals anymore!"
Fri 09/03/01 at 21:50
Regular
Easier than gameaday aswell!
Fri 09/03/01 at 21:50
Regular
I stopped considering Sega as main rivals as soon as they launched the Saturn, however I knew they were still competition.

When Sony kept the Playstation for themselves I thought of them as main rivals and hoped Sega would join Nintendo.

It's still a shock though!
Fri 09/03/01 at 22:21
Regular
"You've upset me"
hmmmmmmm....

DARN, forgotten what I was gonna write
Fri 09/03/01 at 22:25
Regular
VenomByte wrote:
> I notice you made a point of mentioning that it's your brothers copy
> of ONM and not your own ;)

I never lie! That's my policy!

Lying can hurt people (no matter how small the lie is) so I don't do it!

However you can only take my word for it on here!
Fri 09/03/01 at 22:26
Regular
"You've upset me"
hehehehe lol
Fri 09/03/01 at 23:48
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Edgy wrote:
It's a piece of gaming history! One of the most
> important pieces of history since Shiguru Miyamoto made the first
> ever platform game!

What was the first platform game?... And when was it written?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.