GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something I never expected to see!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/03/01 at 21:33
Regular
My brother gets Nintendo Official Magazine through the post on it's date of publishing and when I read it I thought, "Yay-more N64 games previewed and even a Pokémon Gold Review!"

I got reading all the reviews and previews and took a look at the "Club Mario" section, laughed at Cardiff boy thinking that Links Ocarina in Majora's Mask is the one Saria gives him in Ocarina of time....

Then I saw something which I thought I'd never ever see in Nintendo's own Magazine:

Sonic and other Sega games printed on a whole page with an article about them!

Even though I already knew about Sega working on Gamecube and Gameboy Advance titles I was still amazed to see it in writing in Nintendo's own magazine!

It's a piece of gaming history! One of the most important pieces of history since Shiguru Miyamoto made the first ever platform game!

That issue of Nintendo Official Magazine is one to keep in a very safe place cos I can guarantee you wont see official gaming news like that for a long, long time!
Sun 11/03/01 at 16:09
Regular
Never played it. Have you played Virtua Tennis on dreamcast, thats good too.
Sun 11/03/01 at 16:08
Regular
My fav. Tennis game is Mario Tennis (Both formats)
Sun 11/03/01 at 15:57
Regular
My favourite tennis game is AK: Smash Court Tennis.
Sun 11/03/01 at 14:35
Regular
Pong orignally called Tennis.......
Sun 11/03/01 at 04:18
The games preceding the invention of the Platform Game were typically the old arcade classics like Defender, Asteroids, and Battlezone. There were also a few text-based MUDs around at the time. Oh, and Pong.
Sat 10/03/01 at 17:06
Regular
Duke Nukem 3D was one of my fav.s

:)

It was a comedy version of Doom :)
Sat 10/03/01 at 17:03
Regular
Doom, Wolfenstein, and..........and what? there werent really any others were there?

It's all a bit before my time im afraid.

I remember playing a demo of the original qukae in the dark and nearly cr@pping myself though!
Sat 10/03/01 at 16:59
Regular
Shoot-em-ups were VERY popular in the early days of home gaming.

For PC's there were plenty of them, Wolfenstein, Doom, etc

I love the classic shoot-em-ups!

Platformers are still my fav though!
Sat 10/03/01 at 16:49
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Edgy wrote:

You're not mixing Platform
> game (which basically means Jump-&-Run) with platform, as in
> Console are you?

lol... Thanks for not being too patronising :)

DK was officially the first ever game to feature
> Jump & Run, or better known today as "Platformer"

Just seems odd that it took 5 years after the release of Apples first desktop PC to develop the platformer...

Thats a lot of shootemups :)
Sat 10/03/01 at 16:42
Regular
"You've upset me"
Did you know that Mcdonalds got done in Australia for importing 300,000 kangaroos anus's

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.