GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mac Vs Windows"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/03/01 at 20:52
Regular
This was just bursting for a discussion so here we go. Windows, Microsoft's Key product, from Wondows 3.1 all the way to Microsoft 2000 ME. And What a way we have come, I use that royal we there as I daren't side with anyone in such a war as this, but regardless. Windows is happily used by loads of computer people worldwide, whther or not Bill Gates is sitting in his dungeon hacking in to your files is another matter, apart from the illegal operations and more errors that a rushed SR post windows customers seem to take it as normal and have never explored the world of Mac. The company with the cool computers. Mac are the life-line for all Windows haters and they are not just a name, they pack on hell of a punch with both their computers and software and cannot be taken for a (metaphorical) ride in my book!

I have Windows, I am not ashamed of that and although it does crash and there will be a legion of you who will despise me for succumbing to such a thing. I think that Windows is quite good, the functions and options are limitless and because of the internet being so Windows orientated, upgrades and patches for files and games are easy to come by.

Mac on the other hand doesn't quite have the same market share and although thier users are just as loyal, if not more the software and files aren't available in the same dominant presence as Microsoft's!

I don't prefer either, my Dad had Windows so that is the way it goes for me, I know '98 about aswell as your average hegdehog knows the Highway Code, but I am learning...But am I...or am I slowly falling into the trap!

Will Mac ever level up with Microsoft, I think that maybe people will get so suspicious about Microsoft's plans for the future,( including charging and getting credit card details from millions of MSN users,) that they might, just might see the light in the world of the Mac...

Your Thoughts...and Remember...

In a secret dungeon,
in the middle of a cliff,
amongst the spiders and poo,
There is an evil being lurking there
and HE is watching YOU!

The Game

Bwrrrrahahahahahahhaha

Fri 09/03/01 at 21:20
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
'Windows' is a household name Macintosh isn't...

...at least not in this generation. People think Computer's they think Microsoft they think Windows. That whole 'Think Different' advert didn't work too well...ha ha ha. Mac are their own worst enemies, they have got to show that they can offer a better product, something that Windows can't offer. It'll be hard, but they have got to do that eventually...get working Lads!

The game

Fri 09/03/01 at 21:16
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The Skanky-Rasta-Billy Wrote:

"Now thats where your wrong, you've just ot to look in the right places to see that Mac games/accessories/add ons etc etc are as widley as available as all PC products"

Mac files may be findable but you don't even have to look for Window's Downloads. I am not saying that Mac files are not there, it is just that they don't have the same presence. 'Windows' is a household name Macintosh isn't.

I like Mac but the fact that they don't have the same presence, power and popularity as windows is 100% true! Microsoft are too powerful. I know...the truth hurts...

...The Game

Fri 09/03/01 at 21:09
Regular
"You've upset me"
Edgy wrote:
> I thought Mac were going out of business?

They WERE... not! But their profits had been down so they devised a cunning plan, they leaked a false story that they were stopping Mac production, and, amazingly, Mac sales picked up immediatly
Fri 09/03/01 at 21:06
Regular
I thought Mac were going out of business?

That's just something I've heard, dunno whether it's true or not.

I tried a MAc (old school comps) it was alright but I'm used to Windows (Win 95 forever!)
Fri 09/03/01 at 21:05
Regular
"You've upset me"
Sillius Soddess wrote:

Mac on the other
> hand doesn't quite have the same market share and although thier
> users are just as loyal, if not more the software and files aren't
> available in the same dominant presence as Microsoft's!

Now thats where your wrong, you've just ot to look in the right places to see that Mac games/accessories/add ons etc etc are as widley as available as all PC products

Fri 09/03/01 at 21:02
Regular
"You've upset me"
I wondered how long it'd be before someone started this topic
Fri 09/03/01 at 20:52
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
This was just bursting for a discussion so here we go. Windows, Microsoft's Key product, from Wondows 3.1 all the way to Microsoft 2000 ME. And What a way we have come, I use that royal we there as I daren't side with anyone in such a war as this, but regardless. Windows is happily used by loads of computer people worldwide, whther or not Bill Gates is sitting in his dungeon hacking in to your files is another matter, apart from the illegal operations and more errors that a rushed SR post windows customers seem to take it as normal and have never explored the world of Mac. The company with the cool computers. Mac are the life-line for all Windows haters and they are not just a name, they pack on hell of a punch with both their computers and software and cannot be taken for a (metaphorical) ride in my book!

I have Windows, I am not ashamed of that and although it does crash and there will be a legion of you who will despise me for succumbing to such a thing. I think that Windows is quite good, the functions and options are limitless and because of the internet being so Windows orientated, upgrades and patches for files and games are easy to come by.

Mac on the other hand doesn't quite have the same market share and although thier users are just as loyal, if not more the software and files aren't available in the same dominant presence as Microsoft's!

I don't prefer either, my Dad had Windows so that is the way it goes for me, I know '98 about aswell as your average hegdehog knows the Highway Code, but I am learning...But am I...or am I slowly falling into the trap!

Will Mac ever level up with Microsoft, I think that maybe people will get so suspicious about Microsoft's plans for the future,( including charging and getting credit card details from millions of MSN users,) that they might, just might see the light in the world of the Mac...

Your Thoughts...and Remember...

In a secret dungeon,
in the middle of a cliff,
amongst the spiders and poo,
There is an evil being lurking there
and HE is watching YOU!

The Game

Bwrrrrahahahahahahhaha

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.