GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Death Penalty"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/10/03 at 20:08
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
Who agrees with the Death Penalty. I perosnally would like to see it come back for cases of Murder, Child molesering and so on. I know people say yo can get the wrong guy, but if complex detective worked is first carried out, I belive that all the Sickos should get fried! Whats you guys opinions?
Fri 24/10/03 at 16:31
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Cubist wrote:

>Some stuff.

Have we got past that level? For the last month, Sky one's premier entertainment has been to encourage us to watch a man starving to death.
Draw your own conclusions.
Fri 24/10/03 at 16:33
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Handy man wrote:

> I know all about racism as I have studied The other side of truth,
> To kill a mocking bird, Roll of Thunder Hear my cry and Gangs of New
> York. and frankly it's sick.

Man...I wish I knew all about something after reading a few novels...

You are right though; people who discriminate on the basis of race deserve to have splintered chair legs rasped roughly up their ringpiece.
Fri 24/10/03 at 17:23
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Light wrote:
> Have we got past that level? For the last month, Sky one's premier
> entertainment has been to encourage us to watch a man starving to
> death.
> Draw your own conclusions.

There is a slight difference though light. Well when I say slight I mean mojor. He is starving himself of his own free will. He can do whatever he wishes to do to his own body and the people who wish to watch him have the right to the choice. His starvation is self imposed and watching it is our choice. I personally choose not to watch it because I thought it was dull but it's not as if anyone is getting any kind of sadistic pleasure out of forcing him to starve in a plastic box suspended in the air.
Fri 24/10/03 at 18:55
"Mimmargh!"
Light wrote:
> Really? You seem awfully sure. Not so long ago, it was said that
> there man would never go to the moon. Or that Britain would always
> have an Empire. Awful and Never are pretty strong terms. Don't you
> think it's conceivable that, with sufficient study, murder could be
> made to be a thing of the past? We look back with horror at things
> like human sacrifice, yet once it was accepted in Celtic society.
> Couldn't we one day look back in horror at the idea of man murdering
> his fellow man? And if not, why not?

Murder is something that seems to be universal in all cultures, the only way you would fully stop it is with mind control. Which could happen.
Fri 24/10/03 at 19:28
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Emperor Xerxes wrote:
> Murder is something that seems to be universal in all cultures, the
> only way you would fully stop it is with mind control. Which could
> happen.

wha..the..who told you about my mind control device!!
Fri 24/10/03 at 21:21
Regular
Murder could be abolished simply if society re-evolved itself from something like a tree, that has no thoughts to kill another member of its own species.
Mon 27/10/03 at 13:59
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Emperor Xerxes wrote:

>
> happen.

Less than 4000 years ago Human and Animal Sacrifice was universal to all cultures. It isn't now. Things can change; never assume that just cos something always has been, that it always will be.
Sat 01/11/03 at 01:05
Regular
All I will say is from something I read somewhere: How do you know if you're punishing those you killed, or doing them a favour?
Sat 01/11/03 at 15:00
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
The Death Sentence will never be brought back for one simple reason – it’s too expensive. Courts already creak under the current caseload, adding thousands more hours per death sentence simply isn’t possible. Frightfully practical, but unfortunately it’s also what counts in these kinds of decisions.

It also sends out worrying messages about our society; firstly, that brutal, base, animal-like acts are our way of dealing with anger (as anger is the only motivation here), and that people cannot be redeemed. Once a murderer does not always mean always a murderer.
Sun 02/11/03 at 11:29
"Mimmargh!"
Light wrote:
> Emperor Xerxes wrote:
>
>
> happen.
>
> Less than 4000 years ago Human and Animal Sacrifice was universal to
> all cultures. It isn't now. Things can change; never assume that just
> cos something always has been, that it always will be.

Your point has been noted. What you are saying is true. However, I believe that sacrifice was a part of Religion, whereas the capacity for murder is a more primal instinct. If you could get a perfect society where everyone is happy then maybe murder would end. However, society will never be able to account for all forms of human unhappiness and control all deviences unless;
-We evolve to a whole new level.
-We have a big brother state; even then it doesn't stop the WANT tp murder
-We build the PERFECT society; but humans are not perfect
-We use chips or mind control (see RA2 Yuris Revenge)

Nethertheless Xerxes is against the death penalty simply because it is so hard to prove things definatly and people could abuse the system.

In the 19th Century era, in Imperial Britian, the Death Penalty was ascribed to most crimes, including petty ones such as stealing from a production yard. What happened is interesting; few people were actually convicted purely because the jury LET the criminals off not because they thought they were innocent but because they thought the death penalty was to severe.

Not that any of you have been suggesting bringing back the death penalty for most crimes but even in the case of proven DNA it is not full proof. Why could someone not take a sample and frame someone or some tired lab worker mix some up or contaminate something.

That will be all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.