GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ripper"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/10/03 at 16:22
Regular
Walking through the shadows with a serial-killer’s stride
Bearing razor rimmed blades to tear your chest open, wide
He slinks through darkened courtyards to lure young maidens fair
Into his den of death and vice, before he kills them there.
Beware his sullen steely gaze, he’ll cut you with a glance
Be cautious on your journeys as he’d kill with half a chance
You should fear his iron-tight grasp, which alone is said to kill
And hope upon hope tonight it isn’t your blood he spills
He kills indiscriminately, as flesh he loves to tear
Although it has been rumoured, he prefers your maidens, fair
But he will kill anything; beast or man, or even a young nipper
Because he is a psychopath, by the name of Jack the Ripper
Tue 21/10/03 at 09:28
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'd say the new ending is an improvement
Tue 21/10/03 at 10:50
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Wasnt Jack the Ripper a killer of Prostitutes mainly? All his known victims were women werent they? This or im confused with someone else.

Either way, it would mean the second from last line is slightly wrong. None the less it was good.
Tue 21/10/03 at 15:28
Regular
Yeah Jack the Ripper was famous for killing prostitues HOWEVER, and this is a big however, he was ONLY caught for killing prostitutes and if you read some of the many books exploring the murders of the ripper you will notice that some of them mention bizzare murder cases of which the perpetrator was never caught. Also the poem is presented in a gossipy and folklore sort of way and like with anything like that it is exaggerated for effect and to make it a more exciting story to tell people.
Tue 21/10/03 at 15:30
Regular
Mi/\\/dfrig wrote:
> if you read some of the many books exploring the murders of the
> ripper you will notice that some of them mention bizzare murder cases
> of which the perpetrator was never caught.

At the time of the muders of the ripper, I neglected to mention that pretty vital aspect!
Tue 21/10/03 at 15:32
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Well, if you knew anything about Jack the Ripper yourself, you'll know that Jack the Ripper was never caught at all.

However, after the killings stopped in London, a similar series of brutal murders took place in New York, I think.
Tue 21/10/03 at 15:38
Regular
DONT CONTRADICT ME!
Tue 21/10/03 at 15:39
Regular
He was never caught as such, no, but the investigation found out who he was (although it is still open to skepticism), but yes he was never actually caught and imprisoned or anything. But they managed to link all the murders to be the work of the ripper, whomever he may be.
Tue 21/10/03 at 15:41
Regular
"It's been a while.."
It was you

*points*

don't deny it...
Tue 21/10/03 at 15:44
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
They've never figured out who it was either. Suspects include a number of high profile figures, including royalty, which is why the film From Hell centres around it so much.

Here:

http://www.casebook.org/suspects/
Tue 21/10/03 at 15:45
Regular
See my tagline...

I'm a victim!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.