GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it true?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/10/03 at 12:36
Regular
"cachoo"
Is it true that if a tyre on your car bursts/pops/goes bang etc.. and you hit the brakes, then it'll go flying into the air?

Well, maybe not 'flying in the air', but flip over.

I've got a program which helps you with driving lessons, theory test and the rest, and I'm sure I remember seeing a question about it and telling you to brake gently and pull over to the side of the road.

Been getting a lot of scary stories from people, seriously putting me off driving.

"NO!! NO NO! NEVER hit the brakes hard if your tyre bursts or your car will flip over!! NOOO!"

:S
Mon 20/10/03 at 13:28
Regular
"It's been a while.."
shock shock horror horror
Mon 20/10/03 at 13:28
Regular
You was SMOKING??!?!?!?!?!?!!11
Mon 20/10/03 at 13:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> 6 hrs? did you not have a spare tyre or breakdown cover?
---

This was before mobile phones were prevelant.
Waited for a long time to be towed to a service exit on the M11, sat and waited for the ATS people.
And waited.
And waited.
Turned out the breakdown truck neglected to call the AA.
6hrs of sitting inside a rain-lashed car, smoking and sleeping.
Mon 20/10/03 at 13:13
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
On a very tenuously related topic, I was walking along one day and a car drove past me. Not that unusual, you might say, but I noticed the hub cap was spinning wildly, getting looser and looser. Eventually it came off, bounced along on the road for a while next to the car, then bounced straight back at the car, hitting it then rolling away. The car stopped, nobody got out, it waited a minute then went off again. I thought about going over and saying something, but by that time it was quite far away and frankly I couldn't be bothered.
Mon 20/10/03 at 13:11
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Goatboy wrote:
> I just did doughnuts until I came to rest on the hard shoulder, looking the other way and wondering how long I was going to sat there (6hrs).

6 hrs? did you not have a spare tyre or breakdown cover?
Mon 20/10/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've burst 2 tyres. There was, in both cases, a distinct lack of somersaults.
Once was even doing 70mph in the middle lane of the M25. I just did doughnuts until I came to rest on the hard shoulder, looking the other way and wondering how long I was going to sat there (6hrs).
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:55
Regular
"cachoo"
Goatboy wrote:
> Only if an Agent jumps onto the bonnet before leaping after The
> Exile.
>
> Jesus...and you might be driving soon?

That's what watching too many movies does to people! That's pretty much the same image I had in mind when thinking of a burst tyre.. The lorry crash wasn't too nice either..!

Thanks for the info too. Very helpful to know.
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:52
I concur.
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:49
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Yeah, you want to be more cautious about the mong kids in their novas, corsas/ka's etc that think they can drive great and race around at high speeds without any thought for anyone else.
High chance that one of them will kill you before a tyre blows and throws the car around.
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:45
Regular
It's not like "burst tyre's" happens very often though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.