GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it true?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/10/03 at 12:36
Regular
"cachoo"
Is it true that if a tyre on your car bursts/pops/goes bang etc.. and you hit the brakes, then it'll go flying into the air?

Well, maybe not 'flying in the air', but flip over.

I've got a program which helps you with driving lessons, theory test and the rest, and I'm sure I remember seeing a question about it and telling you to brake gently and pull over to the side of the road.

Been getting a lot of scary stories from people, seriously putting me off driving.

"NO!! NO NO! NEVER hit the brakes hard if your tyre bursts or your car will flip over!! NOOO!"

:S
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:36
Regular
"cachoo"
Is it true that if a tyre on your car bursts/pops/goes bang etc.. and you hit the brakes, then it'll go flying into the air?

Well, maybe not 'flying in the air', but flip over.

I've got a program which helps you with driving lessons, theory test and the rest, and I'm sure I remember seeing a question about it and telling you to brake gently and pull over to the side of the road.

Been getting a lot of scary stories from people, seriously putting me off driving.

"NO!! NO NO! NEVER hit the brakes hard if your tyre bursts or your car will flip over!! NOOO!"

:S
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
If it's a front tyre, then I'd imagine there's the slight possibility from the sudden drop of the corner, although it must beone hell of a freak accident for that to happen!
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:39
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
A burst tyre caused concorde to crash. Remember that.
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:40
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
You don't break, just keep control of the car as it slows itself down.

Might not cause it to flip but will likely cause you to spin or move around dangerously.
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:41
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
And you'll get almighty sparks from the (car) rim if the tyre comes off completely.
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:41
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yep it will jump into the air, do a triple somersault and win a prize...
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:44
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Only if an Agent jumps onto the bonnet before leaping after The Exile.

Jesus...and you might be driving soon?
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:45
Regular
It's not like "burst tyre's" happens very often though.
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:49
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Yeah, you want to be more cautious about the mong kids in their novas, corsas/ka's etc that think they can drive great and race around at high speeds without any thought for anyone else.
High chance that one of them will kill you before a tyre blows and throws the car around.
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:52
I concur.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.