GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Numbers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/03/01 at 20:36
Regular
Tomb Raider 2/3, Final fantasy 2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9, Resident evil 0/2/3, Crash bandicoot 2/3, Mario party 2/3 and oh hell thats enougth.

I hate numbers why can't developers be more origonal. Surley it would be better to think up a name that sums up the game instead of using one that sums up one made 5 years ago.

They can also be misleading Resident Evil for example was called that as it was based in a mansion but the rest were based in the city and the police station.

The only reason I see for using numbers is so people know that it will continue a previous story or involve the same characters. But Nintendo call every Zelda game The Legend of Zelda so people know what it is and they haven't given it numbers (don't you dare throw the first couple in my face) because a new Zelda could be a completley differen't game to the last but with the same characters again misleading.

I don't mind the use of numbers if it is something that has been slightly upgraded like Megadrive 2 and Die hard Trilogy 2 (Playstation 2 in my mind is also a slight upgrade)

All companys have done it once in a while but now its time to be origonal. If majoras mask was called Zelda 64 2 would you think it involved a mask(that is if you haven't read any magazines)?

What do you think to numbers should they be used?
Thu 08/03/01 at 18:45
Regular
"You've upset me"
Just thought I'd say "well done Meka!"
Thu 08/03/01 at 04:17
Ant wrote:
>Are you sure that's the plot?? I heard it was about a boy who's whole race was destroyed, and this kid wants revenge. So he finds all these robots, and you control them. Something like that, anyway. Also, I don't believe I've ever read "The Iron Man". {:)<

From what I've read it's just one robot, the kid essentially stumbles across it, and then proceeds to teach it about morality. For instance, if you kill a number of civilians during your mech-battles, you receive the "Game Over" screen, since you didn't act as a good example for the robot. Something like that.

>The mechs may've been inspired by anime ones, but there's nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. And inspired doesn't mean 'copied', if you know what I mean.<

I understand perfectly. Never had a problem with ZOE's story or its designs. Just taking your previous level of analysis and directed it towards that particular game. I'm just trying to illustrate the point that there's practically no such thing as 'original' anymore.

>Yeah, the specs are a lot better, and there's new controllers, but surely it's the same stuff in the N64, but all of it's a lot better and more advanced??<

If you're speaking from a general perspective, then yes, I would agree with you; it is fundamentally like the N64. Then again, so is the PS2, the Gamecube, and so forth. They'd all just be upgraded models of previous ones, even ones they're not directly affiliated with. To be frank, though, I think there's quite a bit of innovation with the Gamecube; all of Nintendo's agreements with various developers (IBM and Factor 5, for example) are indications that it's trying out some fairly new stuff. But I agree: in the end, it doesn't make a difference, as long as it's all good. =)
Wed 07/03/01 at 22:52
Regular
"not dead"
ortega wrote:
> u can have both.....just save your money

Hehe, chance would be a fine thing!
Wed 07/03/01 at 22:49
Regular
u can have both.....just save your money
Wed 07/03/01 at 22:45
Regular
Neo Nick was golden rhino........errrrr......
Wed 07/03/01 at 22:43
Regular
"not dead"
Whereas I have more sense than money :-(
Wed 07/03/01 at 22:10
Regular
Pokemon games Gold and Silver are great. The first sequel is always great.

It's got better everything, well nearly and it's only one sequel.

The only corrupt thing about Pokemon is that some people end up buying Red, Blue and Yellow.

That's basically buying the same game 3 times, £25 each time. Some people have more money than sense...
Wed 07/03/01 at 22:03
Regular
Ah! A newbie!

(It has been a while. I had wondered perhaps the great newbie factory had finally shut down.)
Wed 07/03/01 at 19:09
Regular
Nah... this didn't deserve to win...

(Arggghhh! No! You're ahead!) :D

Wed 07/03/01 at 19:01
Regular
Congrats Meka! You won again!!!!!!! Good post.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.