GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The "5 films that changed your life" thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/10/03 at 16:43
"The Will of D."
1.) Shawshank Remdeption
2.) Idependance Day
3.) The Matrix
4.) Stargate
5.) Die hard
Fri 17/10/03 at 13:53
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
1) Threads (not strictly a film, but there y'go...)
2) Silent Running
3) Dawn of the Dead
4) Time Bandits
5) Schindlers List
Fri 17/10/03 at 12:32
Regular
i haven't watched 5 films yet :D
Fri 17/10/03 at 10:47
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I can only really think of 2 films that have changed my life; the first one being, of course, Fight Club - which has really changed my perspective on everything!

"Stop trying to control everything and let go"

"The possessions you own end-up owning you"

Why spend so-much money on buying 'brand-names' and top-of-the-range stuff when you can just-as-easily get by with more "affordable" stuff?
You can spend a fortune on designed shirts and furniture and stuff (just like "Cornelius" did), only to see it all gone ("BANG!") within a split-second (...just like "Tyler" did, also).

There are far more important things to worry about.
You've gotta think about yourself - only do what YOU want to do (yeah, this has given me a really 'arrogant' attitude at times)!

And the other one would have the be The Matrix (not Reloaded).
It's also changed the way I see things, only I now take the time to appreciate the things around me, and see `Life´ as a wonderful thing, with the world 'running' on it's own; so-much going on; so-many getting on with their own, individual life-styles, different to any-other.

And I suppose Die Hard has always given me the idea of being a `Hero´ and saving someone whenever I pass-by a burning-building or terrorist-attack on the local Airport, or something....
Fri 17/10/03 at 08:07
"The Will of D."
I've seen the Lost boys, but it certainly didn't make me remember much of it at all after a week had passed by.
Thu 16/10/03 at 21:09
Regular
"not dead"
Don't think these films changed my life, but they certainly came along at the right time to leave an impression.

I'm bound to leave something out here and regret it later, but right now I'd say, without giving reasons:

The Lost Boys
Resevoir Dogs
Boogie Nights

I'm just going to leave it at those three for now, as they're all the same length, and end in 's'.
Thu 16/10/03 at 20:19
Regular
American Beauty
Pay It Forward
Spider-Man
The Mask (I will kill anyone who makes a crack on that, I loved it when it came out but I quite loathe it now but still.... :P)
Road kill

:)
Thu 16/10/03 at 14:21
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Fight Club
The Matrix Reloaded
The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
Seven Samurai
Star Wars Ep 1 (because it awoke me to the realisation that SW is cr@p)
Thu 16/10/03 at 14:17
Regular
"8==="
*Looks at the 'Titanic' entries*

Heh Heh Heh.

Titanic!

Heh heh heh.

:P
Thu 16/10/03 at 11:35
Regular
"I am the future"
Independence Day
Titanic
The Matrix
Forrest Gump
Frequency
Thu 16/10/03 at 11:30
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Shawshank Remdeption
Carlito's Way
Fight Club
Braveheart
Bowling for Columbine (i know it is not a feature film, more of a documentary, but who cares?)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.