GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Interesting question..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/10/03 at 16:37
Regular
My mate recently asked me a question, and it really got me think so I thought I'd post it here:

Would you rather have a life with no financial troubles, the money to get what you want and essentially a 'perfect' life, or what you've been given?

I'll start off by saying that, no matter how much I may moan about people being better off than myself, I wouldn't want to change it. We all have our problems, but I like to think that a bit of a struggle in life makes for a more interesting outcome. Getting anything you like without working makes me think it's just a waste of a life. Plus, a disability to see everything you may want to see, or have what you may want to have can change your life; half of things I live for, and I love, may not have been discovered if I chose another path.

So, what would you rather?
Tue 14/10/03 at 09:00
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Belldandy wrote:

>
> Strangely that about crystalises my opinion of you also, except
> you're older so in theory should know better, and have found
> something better to do with your time than arguing with people half
> your age.

Ah, so now we're going for the "your being here is a waste of time" approach? Right...so YOUR being here is of course something quite different, right?

>
> Plus there's the comedy factor everytime you say something along the
> lines of "I once wrote something about this topic and I'll post
> it here" as you proceed to copy and paste a vast essay into the
> topic. I mean, seriously, who keeps written opinions stored on their
> PC ? You'd have to be pretty, well, self important, to do that
> surely...

Or, maybe it's cos I write an email 'zine, and they're articles from it? Just a thought (remember them? You may have had them from time to time)

>
> Still, as I'm continually told by Light et al how inconsequential I
> am, I sure do get a lot of attention.

Yup; all of it telling you what a coward you are. Jesus, you sound like Chris Eubank; "All the abuse they give me shows their respect for me". Bwah ha ha ha haaaa!

>
> As for;
>
> Light wrote:
> Belldandy wouldn't be very visibly the unhappiest virgin in the land.
>
>
> I know this is a long time ago for you Light, but seriously, anyone
> can pull at Uni, even you in your day, probably.

*L* I'd match my record against yours any day. Know why? I've actually had sex. Yes, with a lady and everything.

>
> And, a member of the young conservatives ! What a spiffing youth you
> had....

Sure did! And I learned from it. Have you?
Tue 14/10/03 at 09:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
unknown kernel wrote:
> I pity the girl who proves that 'anyone can pull at uni' with you.
>
> "Call me Mr President! Mr President! Do it you terrorist! I
> am NOT in the wrong hole: I read all about this stuff in Clear and
> Present Danger. Who's the President? Huh? Huh? That wasn't
> premature. The average time is less than 60s. Here's the link!
> Yeah, google me, baby, google me real good."

-----------

Best. Post. Ever.
Tue 14/10/03 at 09:36
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Light wrote:
> I love when people disagree cos it's a chance for debate and therefore a chance to learn something I didn't previously know

But what are you learning from Belldandy? What can you possibly gain from arguing with [quote] "a self-important prissy ignoramus"? I think you should confess that a part of you [the prissy self-important part] loves to argue for arguing sake; loves to put someone down constantly by stomping your seemingly all-knowing boot on their face.You shouldn't be surprised that Belldandy goes on the defensive. It's only natural.
Tue 14/10/03 at 09:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Black Glove wrote:
loves to
> put someone down constantly by stomping your seemingly all-knowing
> boot on their face.

Oh please, show me a post where Light has not responded in kind to posturing and know-it-all declerations from Bell.
Go read the Rush Limbaugh post.
Bell waded in and called Light a hypocrite.
I politely explained how Bell had misunderstood the post, and instead of simply saying "Ah yeah, sorry - my bad", he continues to try and prove his (wrong) opinion, even when I explain again, as does Blank. As did 2 or 3 other people.
What happens? Instead of saying "Actually yeah, don't I feel like an ass!", he simply flees to another thread and continues where he feels he doesn't need to admit he made a mistake.
Anyone can make mistakes, I do all the time. But Bell resolutely refuses to consider he ever has.

Which is why he deserves mocking at each and every opportunity.
I have nothing against stupid people, I have everything against arrogant stupid people.
Tue 14/10/03 at 10:03
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I do read some of the threads - they can be quite funny. And I know what you mean about Belldandy, but I'm not sure he's the utter and complete idiot you make him out to be. Sometimes it seems you all enjoy volleying him just a little too much - but he keeps coming back, and deep down, I think you all like when he does.
Tue 14/10/03 at 10:05
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Black Glove wrote:

>
> But what are you learning from Belldandy? What can you possibly gain
> from arguing with [quote] "a self-important prissy
> ignoramus"? I think you should confess that a part of you [the
> prissy self-important part] loves to argue for arguing sake; loves to
> put someone down constantly by stomping your seemingly all-knowing
> boot on their face.You shouldn't be surprised that Belldandy goes on
> the defensive. It's only natural.

I'm learning a lot about the fundamentalist mindset from Bell. I'm also learning about the behaviour of a coward. Finally, I've been learning about what makes a neo-conservative type tick; it seems to be the desire not to be proved wrong. That's what I'm learning so far from him.

Uhh...I've already confessed, many MANY times, that I love to argue for the sake of arguing. I've not once denied that.
As to stomping my all knowing boot on their face...well, I disagree with the 'all-knowing'; I've never claimed that, nor would I ever. But the stomping...well, yeah. I've said in several posts that I'm sadistic enough to enjoy a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

However, on a more personal level, people like Bell offend me. Their bullying (yes, I know I'm behaving like a bully toward Bell. But ONLY Bell; I only ever behave like a bullying b*st*rd toward other bully's), self-important, prissy derogation of any and everyone who disagrees with them literally makes my stomach churn with anger. Call it misguided idealism if you like, but I see it as remiss of me not to call people like Bell into question. If I were to leave him be, I'd be letting a bullying little coward think he could get away with his cowardice. Uh-uh.

Finally, I've tried posting to Bell on a more personable level. It worked for a while. Then, the very instant I tried to say something he didn't agree with (as I recall I made an honest observation that his posts came across as arrogant in tone), and he went straight for the whining abuse in retort. Hopefully he'll change, but until then...
Tue 14/10/03 at 10:07
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Black Glove wrote:
> Sometimes it seems you all
> enjoy volleying him just a little too much - but he keeps coming
> back, and deep down, I think you all like when he does.

Probably, yeah. But by the same token, I enjoyed it when he posted like a normal human being for a few weeks. I'm not denying enjoyment at toasting the nappy-wearing retard. But I am saying I enjoy it more when he acts like a reasoned and sentient being, rather than a parrot with self-esteem issues.
Tue 14/10/03 at 10:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
> unknown kernel wrote:
> I pity the girl who proves that 'anyone can pull at uni' with you.
>
> "Call me Mr President! Mr President! Do it you terrorist! I
> am NOT in the wrong hole: I read all about this stuff in Clear and
> Present Danger. Who's the President? Huh? Huh? That wasn't
> premature. The average time is less than 60s. Here's the link!
> Yeah, google me, baby, google me real good."
>
> -----------

I vote for Snuggly reinstating GAD for just this one post.
Tue 14/10/03 at 10:34
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Okay, I've read the replies. I understand a bit more. I'm just one for the underdog that's all, and sometimes I see Belldandy getting unjustifiably frazzled and think: harsh. Like [for example] unknown kernal's depiction of his first sexual encounter - funny, but he's an easy target, but maybe that's his own fault.
Tue 14/10/03 at 10:37
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Personally, I think if people such as Light et al disagree so strongly with Belldandy's method of discussion, they should ignore him completely. It'll have the same overall frustrating effect for him, without the need to constantly hurl insults at him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.