GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Okay - back me up, here"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
When you go out on the town, wherever you live, do you have to put up with constant police presence, fights breaking out left right and centre and ambulances racing down the high street EVERY night? I got into an argument with a friend tonight who claims that 'it's the same everywhere' and frankly, I don't believe it. I live in Harlow, which is the absolute cesspool of Essex, and he wouldn't have it that it's the absolute pits of a place to live. I think that anyone who's lived in or near about Harlow would back me up on this.

Seriously, you don't get this sort of aggro all over the country every night, do you? I mean, I only went to the pub to enjoy the footie and there was a fight about 2 metres from our table, and waiting in the taxi queue there was the requisite police riot van and ambulance dealing with the casualties from theme club 'Jumpin' Jak's'. And this isn't a 'one-off because of the football', this is every time I dare venture into Harlow town centre.

Please tell me it's not like around the country. Because if it is, I might just have to move to France.
Sun 12/10/03 at 09:35
"possibly impossible"
There are occassional fights here, but not every day and most people, even when drunk, aren't too threatening.
Sun 12/10/03 at 09:42
Regular
"Light of the world"
O good gollie!

Snuggly's an essex boy *quivers*

Indeed snuggly, I live in wickford (essex) and it's terrible with boy racers and fights. Boys with hats high up on there heads trying to be 'rude and hard' It is sickening.
Luckily enough wickford has not the facilities of Harlow and Basildon but when we go out to the bigger towns there are mobs of police waiting for the general friday fights.
I try stick clear of the pubs that are prone to nuissance bt it's hard to find one that isnt!

By the way!

I got stuck in traffic for bout an hour and a half on the Harlow round a bout (whilst dodging the traffic on the M25) IT WAS LUDICRUS!
Sun 12/10/03 at 10:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Belldandy wrote:
> Ergo England is the pits of the earth, mostly. I wouldn't go to France
> though. Maybe Scotland, when I was there on holiday there was never
> any trouble at all.

So, England is the pits of the Earth, yet you STILL wouldn't go to France!? Says a lot about your opinion of that country!
Sun 12/10/03 at 11:42
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Belldandy wrote:
> English_Bloke wrote:
> No it's not.
>
> I went to the pub to watch the footie too. No problems what so ever.
>
> This may/may not be related to the pub being full of trainee coppers
> ?

I was the only copper in there, that I knew of.
Sun 12/10/03 at 12:52
Regular
"That's right!"
I live in Newcastle, which despite not having crime rates higher than any of the other big cities, has a reputation as being dodgy.

While not quite a warzone, some parts of Newcastle are... well, dodgy. In town, on a night out, riot vans certainly aren't a big deal, but I've never seen any huge fights. Of course, I'm not out as much as I used to be, but I've never seen a lot of trouble, and neither have my mates.

Sure, people get jumped, overly drunk people get beaten up by bouncers and dumped in alley ways (bouncers here are just thugs, plain and simple) but to be honest, you're more likely to get into trouble walking through a dodgy estate on a Friday night than in town. Most radgies drink on streets, they're quite rare in town (though there are some radgie clubs, we just avoid them)

So, Snuggly, even Newcastle isn't THAT bad. Your mate is wrong.
Sun 12/10/03 at 13:52
Regular
I work in a town centre supermarket on friday nights and usually finish the same time as the pubs close. Never fail to see police taking care of idiots.
Sun 12/10/03 at 14:30
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I've lived in Essex (Chelmsford) for about 2 months now. I can barely comprehend that supposed civilised people can behave in the manner I see practically every night. I'd call them animals, but possibly gives them too much credit.
Its been an education living here for sure but thankfully, the lease expires on this flat in a few months, at which point I'll leave Essex and never set foot in it again (I hope). :)
Sun 12/10/03 at 14:45
Regular
"bWo > You"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> Indeed snuggly, I live in wickford (essex)

I used to live there for about 12 of my 17 years on this planet, and what years they were. Do you go to Beauchamps? I managed to dodge that place, and I'm bloody happy I did (no offence to anyone there, natch) - those boy racers deserve to be run down with their own cars, preferably by the people they've killed, if only for the painful, painful irony
Sun 12/10/03 at 14:56
Regular
I livew in Braintree in Essex and went out to watch the footie last night. The pub was packed and there were a fair few drunk people about, but I didn't see any trouble.

Thinking about it, I've never actually seen a fight when I've been out and about at the weekend, either where I live or at uni. Weird...
Sun 12/10/03 at 15:00
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Talking of boy (and girl) racers, you should've seen what happened in Nottingham City Centre about two weeks ago... :D RAID

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.