GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Okay - back me up, here"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
When you go out on the town, wherever you live, do you have to put up with constant police presence, fights breaking out left right and centre and ambulances racing down the high street EVERY night? I got into an argument with a friend tonight who claims that 'it's the same everywhere' and frankly, I don't believe it. I live in Harlow, which is the absolute cesspool of Essex, and he wouldn't have it that it's the absolute pits of a place to live. I think that anyone who's lived in or near about Harlow would back me up on this.

Seriously, you don't get this sort of aggro all over the country every night, do you? I mean, I only went to the pub to enjoy the footie and there was a fight about 2 metres from our table, and waiting in the taxi queue there was the requisite police riot van and ambulance dealing with the casualties from theme club 'Jumpin' Jak's'. And this isn't a 'one-off because of the football', this is every time I dare venture into Harlow town centre.

Please tell me it's not like around the country. Because if it is, I might just have to move to France.
Sun 12/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
When you go out on the town, wherever you live, do you have to put up with constant police presence, fights breaking out left right and centre and ambulances racing down the high street EVERY night? I got into an argument with a friend tonight who claims that 'it's the same everywhere' and frankly, I don't believe it. I live in Harlow, which is the absolute cesspool of Essex, and he wouldn't have it that it's the absolute pits of a place to live. I think that anyone who's lived in or near about Harlow would back me up on this.

Seriously, you don't get this sort of aggro all over the country every night, do you? I mean, I only went to the pub to enjoy the footie and there was a fight about 2 metres from our table, and waiting in the taxi queue there was the requisite police riot van and ambulance dealing with the casualties from theme club 'Jumpin' Jak's'. And this isn't a 'one-off because of the football', this is every time I dare venture into Harlow town centre.

Please tell me it's not like around the country. Because if it is, I might just have to move to France.
Sun 12/10/03 at 00:20
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
No it's not.

I went to the pub to watch the footie too. No problems what so ever.
Sun 12/10/03 at 00:23
Regular
In my experience, pretty much everywhere you go it happens. I've been in a lot of places throughout lancashire/yorkshire, and they are all full of police late at night. kick offs seem to be a regular occurence too I think.

Beer + Idiots = animal like behaviour

face it, while boozing goes on, idiots are going to fight, and therefore police are required.

and the birds are very often those idiots.
Sun 12/10/03 at 00:24
Regular
time to book those tickets snuggly
Sun 12/10/03 at 00:27
"I love yo... lamp."
Was in Glasgow city centre tonight. Never saw any fights because I wasn't in for long, but had I waited there would have been. There always is. There was a lot of rowdiness and police as usual though.

Plus we now have loads of fire engine limos. Which are the worst thing ever.
Sun 12/10/03 at 09:05
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Well, and this is judging from local tv and news reports, as well as the occasional night myself and from my mates who go out every night, it happens in both Nottingham, Derby and the local towns, most nights.

Which leaves you kind of, well, backless ?
Sun 12/10/03 at 09:06
Regular
English_Bloke wrote:
> No it's not.
>
> I went to the pub to watch the footie too. No problems what so ever.

This may/may not be related to the pub being full of trainee coppers ?
Sun 12/10/03 at 09:08
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Seriously, you don't get this sort of aggro all over the country every night, do you?

From what I've seen, I'd say so. British drinking culture is the pits of the earth.
Sun 12/10/03 at 09:20
Regular
I can't remember ever seeing or hearing about a bar brawl of any kind where I live, but then again it is small and boring.
Sun 12/10/03 at 09:20
Regular
Ergo England is the pits of the earth, mostly. I wouldn't go to France though. Maybe Scotland, when I was there on holiday there was never any trouble at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.