GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Okay - back me up, here"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
When you go out on the town, wherever you live, do you have to put up with constant police presence, fights breaking out left right and centre and ambulances racing down the high street EVERY night? I got into an argument with a friend tonight who claims that 'it's the same everywhere' and frankly, I don't believe it. I live in Harlow, which is the absolute cesspool of Essex, and he wouldn't have it that it's the absolute pits of a place to live. I think that anyone who's lived in or near about Harlow would back me up on this.

Seriously, you don't get this sort of aggro all over the country every night, do you? I mean, I only went to the pub to enjoy the footie and there was a fight about 2 metres from our table, and waiting in the taxi queue there was the requisite police riot van and ambulance dealing with the casualties from theme club 'Jumpin' Jak's'. And this isn't a 'one-off because of the football', this is every time I dare venture into Harlow town centre.

Please tell me it's not like around the country. Because if it is, I might just have to move to France.
Mon 13/10/03 at 22:53
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Mystique wrote:
> Though' Notts can't be that bad, monkey_man's been here and he's
> like
> a big girly girl.
>
> Hey, I'm rock hard!

Ok pet, I'll take your word for it.
Mon 13/10/03 at 22:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Having said what I did, there was a fight at a party on Saturday now I remember it. Nasty by all accounts, but it wasn't a random fight - no, it was 'pre-meditated'

Rar.
Mon 13/10/03 at 22:23
Regular
Sigh.

Last night in beeston this cop car was patrolling the area - and actually driving through the "Pedestrian only" centre of beeston (anyone whos been there'll know what I mean) - they could run someone over!
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Light of the world"
lnsane Bartender wrote:
> It must be bad if you feel you need to go to Bethnal Green to get away
> from it.

Actually, me moaning about where I live...

My grandparents and auntie lives there and everytime I visit I am thankful that I love where I do.

I was thinking of going to Queen Mary's uni very near there but the area was horrific. My grandad said dont do it. He explained about the extreme mugging and rape rates being one of the highest in the country.

That area is full of 'rude boys' with hats also. Sad huh. Shame my cousins are as well (One an ass other has to act hard to save a beating..shame)
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:47
Regular
"Light of the world"
LL Cool TT wrote:
> Lil Ginge wrote:
> Indeed snuggly, I live in wickford (essex)
>
> I used to live there for about 12 of my 17 years on this planet, and
> what years they were. Do you go to Beauchamps? I managed to dodge
> that place, and I'm bloody happy I did (no offence to anyone there,
> natch) - those boy racers deserve to be run down with their own cars,
> preferably by the people they've killed, if only for the painful,
> painful irony

ha ha!

No I hated the site of Bromfords and Beachamps so I dodged them all and go to Mayflower school in Billericay.

Luckily also, i live along the road that halfway down changes to Downham. Its a great area in comparison to what the rest of wickford has turned out to be.
I like where I live its in a nice area. Unfortunate for the rest. :(
Mon 13/10/03 at 10:46
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Believe it or not, things aren't as bad as Harlow in Newcastle. Sure, the chaps on a night out may sound like they are barking aggressively at one another to the untrained ears, but generally violence doesn't happen. Unless you want it to. But I've not had any bother in Toon for nigh on 5 years now.
Mon 13/10/03 at 10:32
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Oh I went to Bethnal Green to spend the weekend with somebody.
It was fantastic thanks.
Mon 13/10/03 at 10:26
It must be bad if you feel you need to go to Bethnal Green to get away from it.
Mon 13/10/03 at 10:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Harlow is an outlet for the effluent of Essex, it's scientifically proven.

Example: Spent the weekend in Bethnal Green. Drove all over the East End and even went Saaaarf of the river for the evening. Usual London traffic.
Get back into Harlow last night, and as soon as I come off the motorway I have a Nova 2ft from the back me with the usual troop of baseball-cap wearing baboons.

All I ask is for 1 day of no-consequence massacre. That town could be good again.
Nobody would mourn these apes, no cure for cancer lost, no delay in mapping the human genetic coding structure.
Just fresh clean air, fewer "hot hatches" and so many less illiterate hateful feral children in 5 years time.
Kill them, kill them all.
Mon 13/10/03 at 10:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Mystique wrote:
> Though' Notts can't be that bad, monkey_man's been here and he's like
> a big girly girl.

Hey, I'm rock hard!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.