GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"User Names?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/10/06 at 13:41
Regular
"I may return"
So, how did everyone choose their user names?

Mine, was because I'm a bit geeky, I'm a girl, and I registered in the year 2006 (06).

Now I've told you, you tell me :D
Fri 10/11/06 at 20:04
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Corazon wrote:
> Didn't you get banned under the orginal Angel account? I could
> swear i saw that name was banned when i was looking through
> history.

Umm aye ermmm yep that was me lol!
Fri 10/11/06 at 19:23
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
When i first signed up, I was known as Gaming Boy on here because at the time, I had just bought my first GameBoy, and it was all that was on my mind at the time.

Not long afterwards, I was just fiddling around with my computer one day and spotted a file folder called Twain32. I didn't know what it was at the time, but thought it sounded cool, but I dropped the 32 because it wouldn't actually mean anything to me. Instead I replaced the 32 with an X which I hoped to periodically replace with something whitty, but never got round to it, so I dropped the X and became Twain.

The name Twain stuck for a very long time, because by then people knew me by that name, until one day I left the forums through boredom and went on to other websites to chat. After a while, I came back and changed my username to akaCol, which translates to my real nickname, with "also known as" preceeding it. After this change, I got a huge amount of abuse from the members on here due to mistaken identity for a recent user at the time who had signed up, whose nickname was also Col. He was known as The Craziest Col! on here.

So I promptly changed my name back to Twain, which stuck for longer than ever this time, but I got bored again, and left again. Also after then I set up my own forum with a penfriend, which was fun and is still going today.

Anyway, I came back again right at the time when SR was going into liquidation, which is one year and one day ago today. This time, I changed my name to Watonty, in the hope of raising spirits with a jokey username. It was a play on Wario, who is the evil equivalent of Nintendo's star character Mario, and Tonty, which is the affectionate nickname given to the owner of this very company, when a typo was made spelling his name once. :D

Then I left again, and came back yesterday, but yesterday I promptly changed my name back to Twain again for two reasons:
1. I decided I didn't like Watonty
2. People would recognise me easily.

And that's the full history of my username. :-)

I doubt I'll change from Twain ever again on here. It just doesn't work!
Fri 10/11/06 at 19:02
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Seraphim wrote:
> I first registered as @ngel...

Didn't you get banned under the orginal Angel account? I could swear i saw that name was banned when i was looking through history.

> Then i wanted a change and Corazon came up with Seraphim :)

Aye, purdy and i only thought of it because of another name i go by. Rephaim (similar sort of thing but lower class)

> Though Machie and a few others still refer to me as @ngel.

Aye, the swines are trying to demote you.
Sat 04/11/06 at 14:06
Regular
"8==="
Talk of STDs is frowned upon on here though so shhh.
Sat 04/11/06 at 13:28
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Can't be worse than what you've already got.
Sat 04/11/06 at 12:13
Regular
I think it sounds cool.
Sat 04/11/06 at 11:59
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm thinking of changing mine to "Darebee" or "Dare - bee" after Tenerife as there was one bar we went in and the DJ was a bloke from Manchester who called everyne by the place they were from and thats what it sounded like when he spoke to me.

What do you think?
Wed 01/11/06 at 19:53
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Der Nazi wrote:
> I get it, and I'm not that old... I really should get a battle
> jacket like that, my 80s Biker jacket is too heavy to wear in
> Summer!

get one, and then in winter put it OVER the leather jacket for full on guns n roses* action :D

*or Triple H from a few years ago ;)
Wed 01/11/06 at 18:45
Regular
"Twenty quid."
:^D
Wed 01/11/06 at 17:50
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Timmargh wrote:
> "metally disabled"

i`m copyrighting this and turning it into a wrestling finishing move :D

"well let me tell you something brother... next sunday, 2 people are going to walk into that arena, step between those ropes and wage ab-so-lute WAR on each other for this title. Now it seems to me you have 2 choices, you can either stand aside and buy yourself a longer life.... or you can step into the path of this freight train and get beaten pillar to pillar, post to post, buckle to buckle and then YOU will find out what it is.... to be Very.... Metally... Disabled!

BOOM!"

*shove microphone into interviewers chest and stomps off*

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.