GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo. On PC. Heaven on earth?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/10/03 at 00:26
Regular
"The Monkey God"
hell yeh.

Some day ill bother to write a review but for now, suffice to say. This rules. Runs very smoothly on my PC and looks easily as good as the xbox version. Single player is great though lack of Coop sucks. Multiplayer is also pretty good except that when you exit/get booted from a game it takes you back to main halo menu not the server menu. But the rocket warthog is great and the introduction of the Banshee is brilliant. Fuel rod gun and flamethrower are pretty good though not used em much. Did have 4 tanks in a game on one of the small levels. That was pretty cool.

Anyway

BUY IT! from ukgames.com

That is all.
Sat 11/10/03 at 21:57
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> I will be getting halo for the PC just as soon as I've got my new PC.
>
> *ignites cutting torch and makes a start on PC Worlds door shutters*

Hey, just do like someone did to the store I once worked in. Everyone turned up for work in the morning to find the front of the entire store looked like a warzone. A gang used 2 4X4's with rollbars to ram in the shutters with such force that the shutters were ripped from their fittings, they then fitted towing hooks to the shutters before pulling them, and most of the store front, into the street before procedding to make off with about £30000 worth of DVDs and stuff.

Despite CCTV getting it all they were never caught !

And judging from numerous posts on this forum, the patches, and other comments elsewhere on the internet, Halo on the PC is turning into Hell on earth for some people...
Sat 11/10/03 at 21:51
Regular
"The Monkey God"
rah ive been used for advertising. *Feels proud his post was worthy of manipulation*. :D

im gonna save this in a txt file to show my grandchildren.
Fri 10/10/03 at 22:14
Regular
"\\"
That's the good thing about consoles. They don't release a game which won't run because it's too slow, but with PCs you're constantly upgrading.

Or in my case, have NEVER upgraded and never will.
Fri 10/10/03 at 22:10
Regular
the_aoe_slaught  wrote:
> and my computer is too crap to play the
> game.

*points and laughs*

*looks at own computer*

*sighs*
Fri 10/10/03 at 22:07
Regular
"\\"
I shall be awaiting the release of Halo 2 for two reasons, i've completed Halo enough times and my computer is too crap to play the game.
Fri 10/10/03 at 22:05
Regular
I will be getting halo for the PC just as soon as I've got my new PC.

*ignites cutting torch and makes a start on PC Worlds door shutters*
Fri 10/10/03 at 18:35
Regular
"That's right!"
Halo rocked, but the later levels were a bit... dodgy.

"Solider of Fortune 2"

Urgh, don't bring that pile of steaming crap up in my presence. It looks good, sure, but my GOD is it terrible. It's like they made a game and sucked all of the fun out of it. And if a game isn't fun, what's the point in playing?

I blame John Mullins, he had influence on the game right from the start, not like with SOF where he came onboard later on in production. It's not uber realistic, it's just... not fun, in the slightest. Killing people in SOF was a laugh, it's more of a chore in the sequel. The guns feel like pea shooters (more "realism") and the gore just felt... wrong. Like it was meant to save the game from being crap, but didn't

Seriously, SOF2 is one of the biggest disappointments in my gaming life.
Fri 10/10/03 at 16:19
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I like the extreme sports aspect of Halo, ie getting in the little purple things that hover and zooming into small hills, spinning and trying to land it, but the actual game doesn't interest me much.
Fri 10/10/03 at 14:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
lnsane Bartender wrote:
> Oh it certainly sets new standards for graphics and some game physics,
> but the level designs weer just awful.

Yep. I got so lost on the ship the first few times, and then aboard the alien ship was corridor/open space/corridor, but co-op just made it a blast for me.

> I agree with your other FPS preferences, other than NOLF2 (only
> played the original)

The sequel is so much better. Fantastic environments, sharper graphics, the humour has been ramped up and some excellent set-pieces (end of level boss in a house caught in a twister? Bits of floor ripping away, walls being smashed), and you get to shoot French Mimes.

and SOF2, which I haven't even looked at.
Mindless gory fun. The hospital level and jungle is excellent.

Oh, and Vietcong is my FPS choice of 2003 so far
Fri 10/10/03 at 14:12
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'll still kick his head in at it though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.