GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NY's Saturday night.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/10/03 at 00:46
Regular
"cachoo"
Never started a post like this before. Now's a good time to start.
Woo.

Lots and lots of driving! Lots and lots of skidding, handbrake skids, stalling, bunny hops and 110mph down the motorway whilst pooping myself. Heh.
Was bad, scary and immature but fun.. ish.
Friend had just passed his test yesterday.. um.. Saturday. So, as you do, you want to drive your car all day using up all the petrol.
It's a Ford KA. Hardly any room in the back seat seeing as he has his seat all the way back, so legs were pretty much clamped in for most of the drive. Although it was warm and snuggly being with a special someone. Woo!
Must've been driving around Northampton and everywhere else for about 7 hours. 7pm til 2am. He wanted to go up a specific street where there were apparently prostitutes around even though he had his girlfriend in the car with us. Nice!
Horrible trance music blasting out the windows, which he made sure were down, everytime we passed through town making sure he got noticed.
Going around roundabouts at cruel speed skidding every so often.
Going to those big shopping centres where Curry's, Bowling, Cinema etc are and dodging in and out of the parking spaces doing handbrake skids.
Going down the motorway was nasty. Not nice going at 110mph with a lad who's just passed his test that same day and after seeing Final Destination 2 so many times. *cringe*
I almost pooped myself. Doesn't help in the first place to be so afraid of cars.
Occasionally stopping in dark, hidden places every half an hour for them to have a smoke. A spliff, even. And smoking the whole car out with the stuff. Everyone seemed to get extremely horny after those few stops. Whether it was the hash or the new car doing that, who knows?!

It was a rough night. Felt so unbelievably good to get into bed at 3:00am and instantly fall asleep for the first time in.. forever.

I also tried driving a car on Saturday. I failed miserabely. I can't even start the car! Always trying to remember:
Handbrake up. Clutch down, gear in 1st, slowly lift foot off clutch whislt gently pushing the accelerator... seconds later.. stalls.
Ack! Must've stalled it about 5 times in a row. It's that annoying thing when you move forward slightly then back everso quickly making your head bang against the head-rest thingy. Tut. Will get there one day.

So. Full of driving. How fun.

Wow. That was .. new.

Ithankyou, boucoup.
Mon 06/10/03 at 14:16
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
Goatboy wrote:
> I drive a Vauxhall Cavalier. Why?

I'm just interested in what cars people drive!
Mon 06/10/03 at 14:20
Regular
Like I said.

I know a lot of the 'boy racers' are genrally idiots who drive dangerously/challenge people to races/smoke weed while driving. But not all are like that.

I don't like racing - In fact i'd just use the car for getting from A to B. Simple. Yes I have an interest in cars and yes i'm gonna modify it.

But I don't wear 'stereotypical townie clothes' I have no interest in wearing a ring on every finger/wearing my trousers as far down as possible/brandishing 11 medallions around my neck.

Put it this way - A car that looks cack or a car that looks pretty decent?
Mon 06/10/03 at 14:21
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I drive an Aston Martin DB7, so I laugh at you all, is something I'd write if I did indeed drive an Aston Martin DB7 and want to laugh at you all.

So swivel.
Mon 06/10/03 at 14:25
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
I don't drive..yet..after uni..but if I cud drive I'd drive a new corsa, Black, Silver or Red...not an old one but a new one with the back lights a bit higher up....I do like them cars!
Regular
See!

People with expensive cars believe they are the best aswell!
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Personally?
A car that does the job and I dont have to spend £££££ on to keep going.

It's unfortunate but, as IB and even yourself have pointed out, the stereotype of "hot hatch" owners are swaggering kids with zero clue about anything other than cheap jewellry and ego.
Read the original topic for exactly the sort of person I hate and would quite happily see on fire.
Just passed his test and is bombing down motorways? Handbrake turns in car parks?

These people serve no function other than to slow this race down. Exactly the sorts of people that imitate computer games/tv shows and make it difficult for evolved humans to get on with their lives.
I hate, and I cannot understate that enough, h-a-t-e these simians with stupid, stupid cars.
It's always novas and corsas. Why?
Because they can't afford anything else, and by the time they can they've either
(a) Grown up
(b) Killed themselves in an accident
And the braying crow-women that applaud in between sucking Silk Cut Ultras and swigging hooch/bacardi breezers...rewarding these apes for moron behaviour with screeching "Eeee's well 'ard, go on Tel, punch 'is faaaaace in" catcalls.

These people should be catapulated into the sun.
Mon 06/10/03 at 14:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
gamezfreak wrote:
> See!
>
> People with expensive cars believe they are the best aswell!
--

If you are referring to sagacious_one, I suggest you read his post again.
Mon 06/10/03 at 14:32
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
Goatboy wrote:
> Ultras and swigging hooch/bacardi breezers

What happened to Hooch?
Mon 06/10/03 at 14:33
Regular
Ok fair point.

I'm 16 - I can only afford the cheapest car I can find. It's not like I can afford a £5000 Saxo or anything. I want a car as soon as possible and Novas/peugot 205's etc are pretty decent cars to go for.

And yes I know what you are saying about the original post in itself - People who generally prance about in their motors putting: -

a) Their life at risk
b) Other peoples life at risk

Which is generally stupid.

16 = £1000 saved up = Nova.

Case Closed.
Mon 06/10/03 at 14:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
...sorry?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.