GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube will be £100"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/03/01 at 19:10
Regular

GameCube will be $150.00
The Japanese promos for GC are filtering out and on them GC is listed as launching July 21, 2001 in Japan at 17,800 yen which converted is about $153.00 US dollars. This proves GC will not be $200.00 as some have said and it also proves there will be no delay. Go here to take a look at one of the posters:
http://www.gamecube.f2s.com/cm1.htm
Sun 04/03/01 at 20:10
Regular
Dringo wrote:

Mario 128 is a demo shown at last years spaceworld and is finished!!! But don't get too excited it isn't a huge game in fact your job is to find 128 Mario (you'll get help finding them by the Marios you uncover) on a monopoly board and it is really a demo/game that'll take 10 minuites to finnish.

Er-no wrote:

Mario128 is not a game but a little puzzle demo with 128 marios all doing completely different things at the same time showing the power of the GC.

Sun 04/03/01 at 20:06
Regular
Thats what i said
Sun 04/03/01 at 14:01
Regular
"everyone says it"
Mario128 is not a game but a little puzzle demo with 128 marios all doing completely different things at the same time showing the power of the GC, if this was worked like to a wrestling game then 128 dodgy gamers against each other.

(I cant wait for SmackDown 6)
Sun 04/03/01 at 12:03
Ive been starved I need another Mario Platform Game, it would be cool to do a big game like Mario64, with larger environments as in Zelda, better graphics and a choice of player like Mario2(i.e. Toad, Princess, Luigi or Mario!).
Sat 03/03/01 at 21:50
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
Shigsy wouldn't just throw this mini game away so
> expect it to be bundled with the console (he has dropped enougth
> hints that it will be)

Shigsy said:
I will give away the Mario
> 128 demo at release, free of charge.

Humm. Hinting indeed.

I didn't say it was a small hint but he didn't say it would be with GC as nothing when it comes to Nintendo has been anounced for the gamecube in the form of games
Sat 03/03/01 at 21:48
Regular
Dringo wrote:
Shigsy wouldn't just throw this mini game away so expect it to be bundled with the console (he has dropped enougth hints that it will be)

Shigsy said:
I will give away the Mario 128 demo at release, free of charge.

Humm. Hinting indeed.
Sat 03/03/01 at 20:40
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
SNIPER wrote:
> Hard disk? No thanks.

Even though a hard disc would speed up game play?

160 quid for the console, gamepad and Mario128?... sounds like a bargin to me!
Sat 03/03/01 at 20:24
Regular
"everyone says it"
I have heard 160 STERLING POUNDS for the console, and this comes with a control and a Mario128 and WaveRace demo.

Lets all thank NINTENDO for there love.
Sat 03/03/01 at 20:22
Regular
It will be 150 quid as Nintendo of America hinted it will be, so have Japan and there will be most likly a game/demo being bundled with it.

Mario 128 is a demo shown at last years spaceworld and is finished!!! But don't get too excited it isn't a huge game in fact your job is to find 128 Mario (you'll get help finding them by the Marios you uncover) on a monopoly board and it is really a demo/game that'll take 10 minuites to finnish.

Shigsy wouldn't just throw this mini game away so expect it to be bundled with the console (he has dropped enougth hints that it will be)
Sat 03/03/01 at 20:13
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:

Because Sega are taking a chance
> with other hardware, and are being heavily supported by another
> company.

So it is not going to happen!

Your actually right as producing blank Gamecube discs to the public will create piracy problems so well do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.