GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soul Caliber 2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Soul Calibur 2'.
Fri 26/09/03 at 21:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Really loving this game at the moment. ;-) Spawn is the nuts ! Beat the game with a few characters and now I'm playing the weapons master mode. Unlocked Yoshimitsu and I'm hoping to get Sheung Mina as soon as possible as shes one of my favourite characters in the series. :-)

Anyone else got hold of this title and playing it to death like me ? ;-))
Sun 28/09/03 at 18:24
Regular
Soul Calibur 2 is the first game in a long, long time to keep me glued to my GameCube.

Yes, I got the GameCube version (thankyou for the GAD SR :D) because I am a fan of old-skool Zelda and Link be in it.

I haven't noticed any major differences between the Xbox demo and GameCube full game mind (other than the demo is a demo and the full game isn't :D). They both play very well.

Have completed Weapon Master Mode as Link - and am now playing the Original Arcade mode.

Best 3D beat-em-up I've ever played.
Sun 28/09/03 at 18:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I haven't really touched my Cube much, bar SOA:L, because of the lack of new games.

Now I've got CDS:II, FF and Soul Calibur 2 on the way.
Sun 28/09/03 at 19:37
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Done all the extra missions and stuff too in weapons master mode Edgy ? ;-) I tended to use Nightmare for the job. This game has kept me playing non stop all weekend into the stupid hours of the morning. ;-))

At least I've unlocked everything now though so I won't end up going to work knackered now. ;-))
Sun 28/09/03 at 19:42
Regular
Since completing it, it has displayed the map with only half the levels complete - I'll be pursuing completion of these later on.

I ain't unlocked everything - but bought a lot of the weapons with the large amounts of cash I gained throughout the game.
Sun 28/09/03 at 21:49
Regular
"accidental superher"
i'm now on the extra missions too...
i've mainly used talim cos she rox...seriously quick and has some wicked combos.
i'm dead impressed with the game
Sun 28/09/03 at 23:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I noticed it was half finished when I went back in to buy more weapons. ;-) You'll want to do these missions because they unlock 3 other characters. Lizardman is one of them. When you earn the other 2, they're new by name and appearance, but look carefully at their moves and poses and you'll soon notice who they are actually copies of. ;-)

Gotta laugh at the comedy weapons added in too. Won't spoil those in case people are waiting for a surprise, but they can be funny. Listen to the sound effects they make too. ;-))

You'll know when you've unlocked everything cause you'll get a new title screen background which is basically a pic of the weapons. ;-)
Mon 29/09/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Lou Role wrote:
> Well I may not have to wait until Saturday to get Soul Calibur 2 now,
> I was looking through my PS2 and GC games and there's 7 that I don't
> play anymore so I'll just trade them in for Soul Calibur. And if I
> get a good enough trade price I'll pick up Freedom Fighters too.

I got a good enough deal with the games so I got Soul Calibur and Freedom Fighters. I haven't played either too much because I was at my mates most of the day, and we were just playing multi-player in both games. I need to fight someone who isn't a button basher by the way.

:)
Wed 01/10/03 at 20:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Lou Role wrote:
> I got a good enough deal with the games so I got Soul Calibur and
> Freedom Fighters.

Soul Calibur 2 is okay but to be honest, there isn't anything new. I don't think it's really worth bothering with if you have Soul Calibur for the Dreamcast. It's a good game, but I can't really see why all the magazines got excited over it. Freedom Fighters though, brilliant.
Wed 01/10/03 at 22:13
Regular
Soul Calibur 2 is awful. I can't stand playing it.
Thu 02/10/03 at 00:20
Regular
"accidental superher"
each to their own...i disagree and enjoy it immensely as do many other people

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.