GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox 360 VS PS3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/06/05 at 17:38
Regular
"Hello"
Personally I prefer Xbox 360 because I was let down by Sony with the PS2 the graphics were terrible then I got an Xbox with Halo 2 and I was blown away! As soon as I get a chance I am going to pre-order my Xbox 360.
Tell me what you preffer Xbox 360 or PS3.
Sat 04/06/05 at 16:47
Regular
"8==="
Lou Role wrote:
> Plus you'll obviously have
> to fork out for two controllers so that you'll have one to use while
> the other charges.

Unless they have a decent number of hours of charge in them and then you can simply charge it over-night.
Sat 04/06/05 at 16:51
Regular
Lou Role wrote:
> Just bought Gamesmaster to have a look at the three next gen consoles.
> Don't like the idea of wireless controllers, imagine if the battery
> runs out at an important part of a game.

I doubt the batteries will just "run out"

There will probably be some sort of "batter indicator" informing you of how much life is left.
Sat 04/06/05 at 16:53
Regular
"8==="
gamesfreak wrote:
>
>
> There will probably be some sort of "batter indicator"
> informing you of how much life is left.

Mmmmm crispy. ;D
Sat 04/06/05 at 16:55
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Lou Role wrote:
> Just bought Gamesmaster to have a look at the three next gen
> consoles.
> Don't like the idea of wireless controllers, imagine if the battery
> runs out at an important part of a game.
>
> I doubt the batteries will just "run out"
>
> There will probably be some sort of "batter indicator"
> informing you of how much life is left.

The Dreamcast controller indicates the battery life it had a screen, I never had a DC.
Sun 05/06/05 at 00:22
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
For me it hinges on what the consoles offer online. PS3 has 9 months to go to a Spring 2006 launch and so far there's... nothing. Nobody has a clue what their online service will be like.

XBox 360's online service looks pretty neat, Sony have had around 3 years to come up with something better but still... nothing. Which is troubling.

So for now you might be able to catch me in Ghost Recon 3 on Christmas Day unless Sony do something pretty amazing in the meantime.
Sun 05/06/05 at 04:05
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
XBOX LIVE is almost touching perfect. My only current gripe is that it's not already like XBOX 360 LIVE where you can access the dashboard, messages, etc. As soon as the 360 version of LIVE is released, there's little more you could want from online play. More players is always good. Imagine 100 people charging at 100 other people on a big fat battlefield in ancient Japan. Fire explosions, sword fights... the lot.

Other than people playable online, 360 LIVE is invincible.

I sincerely hope SONY do something about it. I'd like to see a PS3 Online service that rivals LIVE in every way. In fact... the best thing SONY could do, is completely rip off 360-LIVE and stick a different LOGO on it.
Sun 05/06/05 at 06:57
"For the horde!!!!"
Game wrote:

> I sincerely hope SONY do something about it. I'd like to see a PS3
> Online service that rivals LIVE in every way. In fact... the best
> thing SONY could do, is completely rip off 360-LIVE and stick a
> different LOGO on it.

Even if they do they proberly won't have a strong title like the Halo series.
Sun 05/06/05 at 11:40
Regular
"Hello"
Plus if Sony did do that Microsoft could sue them for copywriting plus Microsoft owns the paintent on it.
Sun 05/06/05 at 11:56
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
FantasyMeister wrote:
> PS3 has 9 months to go to a Spring 2006 launch

According to a Sony rep, the PS3 won't be released until Christmas 2006.
Sun 05/06/05 at 11:59
Regular
"Hello"
PS3 is bieng relased in early 2006 it said about it on IGN.com Gamespot.com and other websites.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.