GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Slow clap for Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/09/03 at 18:18
Regular
"es argh"
Ok, Man Utd drew with Ruud missing a peno, I can accept that, it could've gone either way.

But what Arsenal did after the full time whistle is a disgrace, and Sniper defending them, fool.

Ah well, atleast Keown wont be in the Premier League much longer...

LOL, heres a surprise, Wenger's angry at the sending off of Vieira, I somehow don't think he's angry at Vieira...
Mon 22/09/03 at 09:58
"Darkness, always"
Sniper, kindly explain what RVN did to deserve this reaction:

http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1165437.jpg

From Skysports:
"Arsenal's understandable delight at seeing a point saved from what appeared to be a lost position spilled over into wild and uncontrolled emotion, as Lauren, Keown, Ray Parlour and Ashley Cole set about Van Nistelrooy.

The same happened after the final whistle, when both sets of players - and it has to be said lead by Arsenal -went face to face, pushing and shoving each other in an episode that brought back memories of the 21-man brawl between the two in 1991."

From BBC Sports:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39363000/ jpg/_39363716_vieirakickcut.jpg
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39363000/ jpg/_39363748_angrykeown.jpg
"Van Nistelrooy's third successive penalty miss prompted more unsightly scenes as the Arsenal players gathered round the Dutchman, shoving him and gloating over his miss"

From the Sun:
http://images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2003440034,00.jpg
"Before the disgraceful scenes that saw four Arsenal players push, jostle and hit Ruud van Nistelrooy after the final whistle, there might have been sympathy for the Gunners.

“Why are we always the devils . . . and play against angels?” enquired Arsene Wenger a bit later.

Well, Arsene old chum, if you study the video closely you will find out for yourself.

Except your version will probably cut out as Bennett blows his final whistle.

After that Van Nistelrooy took a whack round the head from a celebrating Martin Keown — the look on the face of the Arsenal centre-half suggesting he was close to losing touch with reality.

Then Lauren trod on Van Nistelrooy’s left ankle as the striker was getting off the turf.

And Ashley Cole gave the Dutchman a shove from behind before Ray Parlour provided a slap in the chest for good measure.

The FA will now have to throw the book at an Arsenal side who clearly lost all control at the end."

From the Guardian:
"Intentionally or not, Keown's leap of joy ended on Van Nistelrooy's shoulders. Now there was more mayhem, with Ashley Cole going in search of Ronaldo and finding himself fortunate to have a punch blocked by a team-mate."

I could go on, but instead I charge you to quote a media source that supports and justifies Arsenal's dispicable display. These people shoul all be facing jailtime, not just the fines and bans that they probably won't get anyway.
Mon 22/09/03 at 00:14
Regular
"I like cheese"
Agreed, at first I thought Ruud had done something after the penalty...but no, Keown and his cru were just mocking him and acting like complete tw@ts. Sorry for language, but seeing Ruud having to go through that after missing a penalty...well to be honest I'm sick of Arsenal, and a lot of their fans (not my friend Sniper though :P ).

What was Keown doing? Idiot. Get out of the game.

Lots of credit to Ruud for just walking away...I'm a Liverpool fan by the way, I hate United as much as Arsenal, but it was sad to see what the Arsenal players did...what was even sadder was Wenger's interview after.
Sun 21/09/03 at 22:50
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
I found it funny.
Sun 21/09/03 at 22:48
Terrible few moments that ruined a perfectly good game. The FA should throw every book they can find at the Arsenal back four just to make it clear that they ain't taking no crap anymore. And I dont want to hear any "Everyone's picking on us". Its about time Arsene and the rest of his squad of hooligans owned up for what they've done and pay the price.
Sun 21/09/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
down wrote:
> At about 80 minutes Vieira got a yellow, then like a minute later, Van
> Nistelrooy jumped studs out onto Vieira's back.

Thats a bit of a harsh way to look at it. Van Nistelrooy jumped for a header, in most cases the defender would too but instead he turned his back so Van Nistelrooy fell onto him.

> Vieira aimed a half hearted kick at Van Nistelrooy, Ruud jumped back
> like he had been shot, and as he was between Vieira and the referee,
> it looked like he had been kicked.

The fact that he aimed the kick was the bad fact of it all. Had he made contact it would have been a straight red card. The intent was there to make contact and in any game it would have meant action by the ref.

The actions after the game by some of the arsenal players though was what really disapointed me, fair enough there is a lot to play for but when profesionals like Keown, Lauren etc have to lower themselves to pushing and acting like fools it just ruins the whole game. Had they done it during play surely they would have been booked. It was very disapointing to see. Especially by people who I rate as decent footballers.
Sun 21/09/03 at 21:11
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Snipe® wrote:
> COs ruud deserved it. He's a idiot.

Sniper...don't be a fookin dick all your life

Only thugs act like those idiots of Arsenal did and if you condone what they did then your even a bigger idiot then what I thought.

Actions like theirs only show up their stupidity and I hope the FA throw the book at those bunch of Monkey's.
Sun 21/09/03 at 20:47
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Thanks sounds nasty.
Sun 21/09/03 at 20:43
At about 80 minutes Vieira got a yellow, then like a minute later, Van Nistelrooy jumped studs out onto Vieira's back.

Vieira aimed a half hearted kick at Van Nistelrooy, Ruud jumped back like he had been shot, and as he was between Vieira and the referee, it looked like he had been kicked.

So, Vieira got sent off, there was a bit of a fight, then a few minutes later Keown and Forlan dived for a header but Keown was on top of Forlan, and so Man Utd got the penalty.

Ruud ran up, hit it straight down the middle, it hit the crossbar full on. As he walked away about four Arsenal players ran up to him and hit him on the head or pushed him. After the match ended about 30 seconds later they did it again.
Sun 21/09/03 at 20:31
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Can someone enlightne me please. What happened after the match i have heard bnits and pieces but not a full report, anyone?
Sun 21/09/03 at 18:35
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
All teams have made bad tackles in the past.

All teams have dived in the past.

Deal with it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.