GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"John Woo"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/09/03 at 18:16
Regular
"Party Hard"
After witnessing the marvels of Face/Off, M:I-2 and The Killer, I'm in need of some more John Woo action-fests.

Recommendations please (John Woo films only, obviously).

Oh, and what's that Hard Boiled thing like?

Ta.
Fri 19/09/03 at 23:33
Regular
"8==="
Face/Off is the mutt's nutts though. :D
Fri 19/09/03 at 23:32
Regular
my kind of action is stuff like tarantino or james cameron. violent, realistic and not OTT.

i think john woo went to the a-team school of action direction
Fri 19/09/03 at 23:30
Regular
"A man with a stick"
John woo directs some of the most explosive and exiting action scenes I've seen in films, far from your typical and boring *BANG* *BANG* "ohh look someone got shot" scenes in normal, realistic??? action films.

I love the pyrotechnics, the pointless diving around the place and the slow motion, it's what makes his films fun to watch which is exactly what I want from a film, not some rough interpretation of real violence, I have the news for that.
Fri 19/09/03 at 23:22
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
>
> I love action films, but his are silly. people jumping through the
> air 2 metres apart from each other, 2 guns each, blasting at each
> other, nobody gets hit.
>
> a bicycle turns over and explodes (dramatization illustrating a
> point). somebody drives a boat into another boat, the first boat
> disintegrates and explodes, the second one doesn't even have a scuff
> mark on it.
>
> people doing endo's on motorcycles, while aiming carefully at someone
> else on a motorbike, and firing at them.

No more needs to be said.
Fri 19/09/03 at 23:21
Regular
English_Bloke wrote:
> Do you like Bond films?

yes, is this leaving myself wide open for a slating ? :D
Fri 19/09/03 at 23:20
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Do you like Bond films?
Fri 19/09/03 at 23:19
Regular
john woo is a jackass.

I love action films, but his are silly. people jumping through the air 2 metres apart from each other, 2 guns each, blasting at each other, nobody gets hit.

a bicycle turns over and explodes (dramatization illustrating a point). somebody drives a boat into another boat, the first boat disintegrates and explodes, the second one doesn't even have a scuff mark on it.

people doing endo's on motorcycles, while aiming carefully at someone else on a motorbike, and firing at them.

I like my action films at least slightly believable, unless it is Sci Fi, in which case exceptions can be made.
Fri 19/09/03 at 23:14
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Hedfix wrote:
> I haven't seen Windtalkers anyone know if it's any good?

I've seen it, a good action film but a crap war movie. John Woo just can't do serious films, but if it's action your after there's plenty in it, lots of well staged gun fights and plenty of big explosions, worth watching if you can put up Nic Cage's awful acting.
Fri 19/09/03 at 21:44
Regular
"Party Hard"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Hard Boiled, Bullet in the Head, A better tomorrow 1+2 and Once a
> Thief.
>
> Go. Get. Now.

I think the shops will be closed.

But Hard Boiled is next on the list.

By the way, I just watched The Killer again and found it to be the most amazing film I've ever seen.
Fri 19/09/03 at 18:53
Regular
"8==="
*leeching

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.