GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Really Unfair?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/09/03 at 16:13
Regular
"may contain nuts"
I posted on Sunday about the party I was at on Saturday night that got pretty wrecked. Anyway, when her parents got home they absolutely flipped (Im not sure if she told them she was having a party or not) but they have thrown her out of the house and she has to live at houses of various friends sleeping on sofas and stuff.

She's also got a bruise from where her &%$**$ dad hit her when he found out. He isn't the gentlest of men and has hit her before. Anyway this time he apparently beat her and threw her out. In my eyes this is really harsh, she spent loads of her own money plus a group of us chipped in to replace the damaged stuff and clean up.

Also at the party 3 mobile phones were nicked, her's, her brother and her sisters. Anyway the police were in college today speaking to people about the phones and the damage (It qualified as criminal damage because furnature and stuff was smashed and windows were broken) and someone had been suspended now. This must prove that he was responsible for a lot of the damage however she is still having to sleep at friends' houses.

What do you think of this, really unfair?
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:35
Regular
"may contain nuts"
Jive I know you was only joking, I was being sarcastic with my comment.

I'd love to hit her dad but it would be assault and I'd get put in prison or something.
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:36
Regular
sorry bouncer, but I read your previous post, and although it isn't right to hit ones daughter, the damage you described was frankly terrible, and if it was my house I would probably kick my irresponsible little brats ass out of my home too.

respect for other peoples property is not much to ask. If people were getting rowdy and pouring paint all over the garden and breaking things, aswell as jumping off the roof, it was HER responsibility to stop them immediately.

perhaps she'll appreciate her home more when she is eventually let back ....
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:40
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I have no sympathy for her.
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:44
Regular
"may contain nuts"
She was blind drunk, quite literally - she stumbled around saying "who's this?" - quite irresponsible to get drunk at your own party. I had one a few months back and remained as sober as a judge to look after my stuff.

My friend and myself were quite drunk but we cleared people out of the house when it began to get really rowdy. It was alright up until the last half an hour (about 3am) then people seemed to get agressive.
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:45
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Now I have even less sympathy for her (if possible), and I also think she's stupid.
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:48
Regular
"may contain nuts"
Lol, I fail to not find you amusing.
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:50
Regular
"cachoo"
Early hours of the morning mixed with alcohol: not a good thing !! :D

Her dad had no right to hit her and kick her out of her own home. Yes, she had a party, people trashed the place, but she's his daughter. No excuses. He's got a problem. No doubt your friend was in the wrong to go ahead and have a party.. without permission (?!). But.

Your friend should tell someone about it. Obviously that won't be easy and you wouldn't wanna grass on your dad, but there's always the future your friend has. She won't wanna remember this. She could end up having the same problems when she has children.
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:51
Regular
"cachoo"
Ms NY wrote:

> if/when she has children.
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:52
Regular
It's really out that is. However it is legal, once someone is 16 they are no longer legally their parents responsibility.
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:52
Regular
"cachoo"
I thought it was 18. Woops.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.