GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Really Unfair?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/09/03 at 16:13
Regular
"may contain nuts"
I posted on Sunday about the party I was at on Saturday night that got pretty wrecked. Anyway, when her parents got home they absolutely flipped (Im not sure if she told them she was having a party or not) but they have thrown her out of the house and she has to live at houses of various friends sleeping on sofas and stuff.

She's also got a bruise from where her &%$**$ dad hit her when he found out. He isn't the gentlest of men and has hit her before. Anyway this time he apparently beat her and threw her out. In my eyes this is really harsh, she spent loads of her own money plus a group of us chipped in to replace the damaged stuff and clean up.

Also at the party 3 mobile phones were nicked, her's, her brother and her sisters. Anyway the police were in college today speaking to people about the phones and the damage (It qualified as criminal damage because furnature and stuff was smashed and windows were broken) and someone had been suspended now. This must prove that he was responsible for a lot of the damage however she is still having to sleep at friends' houses.

What do you think of this, really unfair?
Thu 18/09/03 at 20:57
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Well you know that saying that people say to me which is really annoying and makes me want to beat them up:

"Life is Unfair".

Seriously though, her dad probably shouldn't have hit her but because the house was in such a bad state he did lash out uncontrollably. He shouldn't have threw her out though, definitely shouldn't have done that.
Thu 18/09/03 at 20:32
Regular
"\\"
You raise your child to be good, go through hours of boredom and "torture" for them while keeping your cool but trashing your home would cross the line, i wouldn't hit a kid, but i would throw them out of the house.
Thu 18/09/03 at 20:21
Regular
"Selected"
i wouldn't have thrown her outta the house.

i would have thrown here outta the country instead.
Thu 18/09/03 at 20:19
Regular
Mystique wrote:

> No. She deserves being thrown out. What was she expecting you all do?
> Sit around the table playing Monopoly and while watching Gardener's
> World?

Lol.

Well if it was a pensioners house party then yes!
Thu 18/09/03 at 20:15
Regular
Bouncer wrote:
> What do you think of this, really unfair?

No. She deserves being thrown out. What was she expecting you all do? Sit around the table playing Monopoly and while watching Gardener's World? Is she really that stupid to think a house party wouldn't end in disaster.

If she really did get beaten like you said she did then thats not on. But a belt round the back of the legs never hurt me.

That'll learn her I say.
(Except for the beatings.)
(If it's true)
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:52
Regular
"cachoo"
I thought it was 18. Woops.
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:52
Regular
It's really out that is. However it is legal, once someone is 16 they are no longer legally their parents responsibility.
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:51
Regular
"cachoo"
Ms NY wrote:

> if/when she has children.
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:50
Regular
"cachoo"
Early hours of the morning mixed with alcohol: not a good thing !! :D

Her dad had no right to hit her and kick her out of her own home. Yes, she had a party, people trashed the place, but she's his daughter. No excuses. He's got a problem. No doubt your friend was in the wrong to go ahead and have a party.. without permission (?!). But.

Your friend should tell someone about it. Obviously that won't be easy and you wouldn't wanna grass on your dad, but there's always the future your friend has. She won't wanna remember this. She could end up having the same problems when she has children.
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:48
Regular
"may contain nuts"
Lol, I fail to not find you amusing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.