GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't answer this if u don't want (well coourse you wont) or if it don't apply to you"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/09/03 at 15:07
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
Is anyone here at university or been?

I was just wondering how much your student fees were and how much you parents paid towards your fees and accomodation?

I should be going next year and i'm excited although a lil worried cos i hate being poor...my mum has just said she'd pay my student fees then she said..'don't forget we gotta pay your accomodation fees'...yay, more money for me!!

Anyway, all u uni bod's, how did u cope..money wise..also if u moved away, was it scary..if u didnt move away..do u wish u had?
Wed 17/09/03 at 15:20
Regular
Accomodation costs depend on where you go.

If you stay in halls the uni prices are normally reasonable but not cheap (£45 to £60). But you'll only have to rent for about 38 weeks or maybe less I can't remember.

If you rent a house / flat it may be cheaper, may be more expensive - it normally depends how close to the uni it is and the amount of mould that's growing in it. You'll normally need to rent these for a year (ie. 52 weeks, not a uni year), and put down about a months worth of rent as a deposit. A cheap house I'd say is about £35 a week, some places cost up to £75 a week.
Regular
I worked as a Michael clarke duncan impersonator.
Regular
say less than 30k. they get you for what they can!
Wed 17/09/03 at 15:17
Regular
"Selected"
Ashley wrote:
> tuition is £1100 a year.

you'll get assessed for tuition fees, it depends how much your parents earn, if they earn 30k+ then expect to pay full whack, if they earn very little then the government will help pay (or pay all) your tuition fees.
Wed 17/09/03 at 15:17
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
did u have a part time job? and did u live away?
Wed 17/09/03 at 15:10
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I was lucky. My parents paid my fees for me, and gave me £50 a week to live on. My boyf was slightly less lucky, he didn't get anything off his parents, so I had to help support him using the money my parents gave me.
Wed 17/09/03 at 15:09
Regular
tuition is £1100 a year.
Accomodation ranges from 45-100 a week (30 weeks a year)
Wed 17/09/03 at 15:07
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
Is anyone here at university or been?

I was just wondering how much your student fees were and how much you parents paid towards your fees and accomodation?

I should be going next year and i'm excited although a lil worried cos i hate being poor...my mum has just said she'd pay my student fees then she said..'don't forget we gotta pay your accomodation fees'...yay, more money for me!!

Anyway, all u uni bod's, how did u cope..money wise..also if u moved away, was it scary..if u didnt move away..do u wish u had?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.