GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Euro Vote."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/09/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Not a Jew"
This will have no effect anywhere, it is just a curious thread to see who wants the Euro to replace the pound. So nothing except "Yes" (For Euro) or "No"(Against Euro) in this thread please. I'll start.
Fri 19/09/03 at 17:11
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
To put it one way...

The backdrop to this is a nation who (if The Sun is to be believed) are overwhelmingly opposed to joining the single currency because we don't want to lose our "good old pounds and pence". Yes, we are fighting for the right to use pieces of paper and metal that has the Queens head on it as opposed to pieces of paper and metal with a picture of some dreadful foreign type on it. Hmm....it doesn't seem quite as rational when put like that does it? D'you know, I think that is probably because as arguments go, it's a vast pile of hamster droppings that have been out in the sun for too long.

Why are we so adamant about keeping our currency as Sterling? It was only 30 years ago that we were still using imperial currency. Does that mean that someone, somewhere is campaigning for its return? (actually, this being England, there almost certainly is. I'll bet they vote Tory as well...) If so, why stop there? Why not set up a campaign to bring back the Groat! Or trawl further back in history to demand the Denarii! Except we couldn’t do that, could we? The Denarii, one of our earliest currencies, was used throughout the Roman Empire. In effect, it was the first Euro, although it was used over a far wider area.

Money is a method of bartering, nothing more and nothing less. It is a convenience that allows us to avoid carrying livestock with us when we want to go shopping (don't you think that it's a shame that currency developed using precious metals as the standard instead of goods? I think the idea of going shopping with an 8 goat note, or a 2 chicken coin is an irresistible one! Just picture the scenes at the shops "Alright then love there's the dress, that'll be 4 eggs and litre of milk please." "Oooh, can you break a 20 cow note? I've not got anything smaller.")

If we're going to get p!ssed off about the whole European issue, then could we perhaps get p!ssed off at it for the fact that it has a system of bureaucracy that makes Kafka's "The Trial" seem like a model of simplicity, or that there are legions of unelected people making decisions that will affect thousands if not millions of people, and they are totally unaccountable, or even that no-one really knows what the hell the European Parliament actually does. But please, don't kick off with it because of cold, hard cash because I find the idea that we are *that* obsessed with money a rather disturbing one.

To put it another way, yes.
Fri 19/09/03 at 16:52
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
No
Fri 19/09/03 at 14:42
Regular
Yes.
Thu 18/09/03 at 18:58
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
lalakersrule wrote:
> My vote is for No. Let the rest of Europe wallow in the economic mess
> they're in i'd like to stay out of it thank you.

I must have missed the economic mess around here then. We're doing just fine.
Thu 18/09/03 at 17:35
Regular
"Not a Jew"
9 No votes, 5 Yes votes.
Thu 18/09/03 at 17:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
My vote is for No. Let the rest of Europe wallow in the economic mess they're in i'd like to stay out of it thank you.
Thu 18/09/03 at 17:29
Regular
"Not a Jew"
8 No votes, 5 Yes votes.
Thu 18/09/03 at 11:35
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Nope.

Worst idea ever.
Thu 18/09/03 at 11:32
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yes to the Euro.

No to joining the EU.

Can I have it boths ways? Probably not.

In which case I say NO.
Thu 18/09/03 at 10:38
Regular
I dont like the idea of there being a single interest rate for all the countries in the euro. If one country is in recession and the other is booming then you are gonna have to compromise.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.