GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"George Bush - My Views."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/09/03 at 20:30
Regular
[I Posted this in general chat by accident, think it will be better received here as you're all quite politically minded not like the goons who dwell in general chat]

First of all I hate people who blatently contradict themselves. This is brought to life perfectly by the president of the United States of America, mr George Bush.

Now after the tradgedy of September 11th, 2 years ago today, the war on terrorism went into play. Now Iraq were told to own up to any weapons of mass destruction they had because they are, in a nutshell, threatened by them. But hold on, America spend billions of dollars each year making nuclear weaponry and in what cause? Surely it is made to be used if needs be and I am sure that if Iraq were clever enough to make nuclear weapons they know the consequences the detonation of one has on the planet.

In a recent internet poll, George Bush was voted as the second most dangerous man on the planet. Now the people who voted werent phychologists or experts on the subject matter but they must show a degree of fear to vote him as one of the most dangerous men on the planet. I personally do not feel comfortable in the knowledge that he is in control of a bevy of weaponry. I felt just as uncomfortable when I thought the Iraqis had them.

What it comes down to is that America are trying to police the globe and are contradicting themselves. They are the bullies of the playground that is planet earth, they can have nukes but nobody else can. Where's the logic in that?

I am sure the more politically minded of you will be offended by my mild understanding of the subject but this is merely the point of view of a regular ordinary guy.

There's only one kind of Bush I like and it isn't George.
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:30
Regular
[I Posted this in general chat by accident, think it will be better received here as you're all quite politically minded not like the goons who dwell in general chat]

First of all I hate people who blatently contradict themselves. This is brought to life perfectly by the president of the United States of America, mr George Bush.

Now after the tradgedy of September 11th, 2 years ago today, the war on terrorism went into play. Now Iraq were told to own up to any weapons of mass destruction they had because they are, in a nutshell, threatened by them. But hold on, America spend billions of dollars each year making nuclear weaponry and in what cause? Surely it is made to be used if needs be and I am sure that if Iraq were clever enough to make nuclear weapons they know the consequences the detonation of one has on the planet.

In a recent internet poll, George Bush was voted as the second most dangerous man on the planet. Now the people who voted werent phychologists or experts on the subject matter but they must show a degree of fear to vote him as one of the most dangerous men on the planet. I personally do not feel comfortable in the knowledge that he is in control of a bevy of weaponry. I felt just as uncomfortable when I thought the Iraqis had them.

What it comes down to is that America are trying to police the globe and are contradicting themselves. They are the bullies of the playground that is planet earth, they can have nukes but nobody else can. Where's the logic in that?

I am sure the more politically minded of you will be offended by my mild understanding of the subject but this is merely the point of view of a regular ordinary guy.

There's only one kind of Bush I like and it isn't George.
Thu 11/09/03 at 22:27
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
You seem to be having a go at the States trying to police the world. If they don't, who will?

The UN, ha!!!

They didn't want to do anything in Kosovo. There was ethnic clensing over there, but they said, it's not our concern.

The US may have it's faults, but it has only been the world's sole superpower/police force for what, 12 years?

It's a case of if there's a problem, who ya gonna call?

The Dutch?

Think about it.
Fri 12/09/03 at 08:54
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I think the point being made is...well, put it this way; a century ago, WE were the worlds policemen. And we abused that position for our own benefit. That contributed to 2 world wars, and the end of our empire. The US are now doing exactly the same as we did. And where will it lead? Well...history would indicate that it will lead to interesting times.

I have no objection in principle to ANY 1 nation policing the world. But the US, as the UK did before them, are acting like Harvey Keitel's policeman in Bad Lieutenant. That attitude WILL come back and bite them on the ass.
Fri 12/09/03 at 09:06
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Maybe it will bite them in the ass, but what would the world be like if they they just said, "right, i've had enough, sort the world out on your own"!
Fri 12/09/03 at 09:22
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
They cause more strife than good. They fund coups all over the world and instigate unrest and tension.
Fri 12/09/03 at 09:39
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Ah, that's right. I forgot. They don't help anywhere do they. Somalia, they never tried anything there. Kosovo, they never went there either. Bosnia, no, doidn't go there. HIV and Aids, yep, their doing nothing to help combat that either.
Fri 12/09/03 at 12:00
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Skarra wrote:
> Ah, that's right. I forgot. They don't help anywhere do they. Somalia,
> they never tried anything there. Kosovo, they never went there
> either. Bosnia, no, doidn't go there. HIV and Aids, yep, their doing
> nothing to help combat that either.

Y'know, I've noticed that whenever America is criticised, pro-Americans immediately take the "Oh, so you're saying America has NEVER done anything good then?!" stance. It's possible to criticise something without demonising it you know...

I think the point is that they do more harm than good. Somalia? Well...they acheived not much more than uniting some of the warlords against them. They went in cack-handed and expected everyone to bow down before them. The poor soldiers on the ground suffered due to the arrogance of the american military intelligence,

Kosovo and Bosnia: That was NATO, not the US acting on it's own. And you may remember that the US was reluctant to get involved in even that sordid little affair.

HIV and Aids...hmm...well, as they're (well...US corporations) currently refusing to provide retro-viral drugs at cheap prices to developing nations where AIDS is at it's most widespread, they're not exactly going out of their way to help.

Add to that the US sponsored coup in Iran that placed the Shah in power, followed by the US encouraged counter-coup that blew in their face and led to the theocracy now in place....how about central America, where the US government have given funding to various insurgents and right wing governments, and who's policies toward the people of, for example, Nicaragua included genocide (US sponsored death squads anyone?).

Or maybe we could look at the US support for Karimov, the not-strictly-sane dictator in Uzbekhistan, and a man who's oppressiveness and all-round unpleasantness is being made possible by US dollars. Maybe we could look at the coup in Chile, which led to the deaths of thousands, decades of fearful existence under another dictator, all of which was made possible by America. Have a look at this;

http://www.rimbaud.freeserve.co.uk/dictators.html

to get a flavour of some of the other good and true democrats that America has supported over the years.

Look, no-one is denying that the US does do some good in the world. But to try and claim that they do what they do for anything other than selfish reasons is naivety taken to the point of folly. All nations act in this manner, not just the US. But the US are in a position to abuse their power. I'm optimistic and hope that things will work out in the world, but I'm not so stupid as to pretend that America is the land of all that is good and fluffy. To say that it is...well, you're turning a blind eye to the evil that the US has done and that is just as unrealistic a point of view as saying that America has never done anything good.
Fri 12/09/03 at 15:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Light wrote:

> Look, no-one is denying that the US does do some good in the world.

From the constant barrage of *ooh look what america's got wrong now* posts that litter this forum i beg to differ.

> But to try and claim that they do what they do for anything other
> than selfish reasons is naivety taken to the point of folly.

I agree but from the attitude i get around here it seems everything is America's fault and everything that's wrong with the world today is because of America, sorry but that type of opinion is the height of ignorance. Sure America some of the time doesn't exactly help matters the way they go about things but since when was the rest of the world squeaky clean? You think France, Russia and Germany didn't want to go into Iraq because they were so concerned about innocents dying and that reason alone? If you do you're as ignorant as people who think america is land of milk and honey. I'm guessing the fact they are owed millions by Iraq and have trade deals with them didn't influence their reluctance to act one bit did it? How about pointing that out from time to time? It's not just America who are doing things to suit themselves

but I'm not so stupid as to pretend that
> America is the land of all that is good and fluffy. To say that it
> is...well, you're turning a blind eye to the evil that the US has
> done and that is just as unrealistic a point of view as saying that
> America has never done anything good.

totally agree but then again if you look through history America still has a long way to go to reaching anywhere near the types of thing Europe has done.
Fri 12/09/03 at 16:09
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Light wrote:
>
>
> From the constant barrage of *ooh look what america's got wrong now*
> posts that litter this forum i beg to differ.

So what has been done wrong should be ignored? As I've said; it's possible to criticise without demonising. I'll criticise any nation that has done wrong in my eyes (and I do!); if that criticism is misinterpreted as "All Americans are evil"!...well, I'm sorry. But that isn't what I'm saying at all.
>
> I agree but from the attitude i get around here it seems everything
> is America's fault and everything that's wrong with the world today
> is because of America, sorry but that type of opinion is the height
> of ignorance. Sure America some of the time doesn't exactly help
> matters the way they go about things but since when was the rest of
> the world squeaky clean? You think France, Russia and Germany didn't
> want to go into Iraq because they were so concerned about innocents
> dying and that reason alone? If you do you're as ignorant as people
> who think america is land of milk and honey. I'm guessing the fact
> they are owed millions by Iraq and have trade deals with them didn't
> influence their reluctance to act one bit did it? How about pointing
> that out from time to time? It's not just America who are doing
> things to suit themselves

Pointing it out from time to time? I seem to recall I already have; I'll even pop the thread I started to do so if you like?

The fact is that Russia's atrocities in Chechnya, much like French influence in the horrors that took place in Rwanda, are not a threat to world stability. America and the UK's dumb@ss actions in Iraq are.

>
> totally agree but then again if you look through history America
> still has a long way to go to reaching anywhere near the types of
> thing Europe has done.

True enough; America has yet to instigate gas chambers (as the UK did) or invent concentration camps (us again) or wage war on a country for the right to keep them addicted to opium (guess who). Do you think I should lay off America until they reach a certain level of depravity?

Again, for the record; blinkered anti-americanism is equally as ridiculous as blinkered pro-americanism. I'll repost the rant I wrote about that very subject if you want me too, but the fact is that America is deserving of a hell of a lot of the criticism it currently receives.
Fri 12/09/03 at 17:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Light wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> Light wrote:
>
>
> From the constant barrage of *ooh look what america's got wrong now*
> posts that litter this forum i beg to differ.
>
> So what has been done wrong should be ignored?

Didn't realise i had said that. If they do something wrong then by all means criticise them, my point is it's not just America who do wrong things yet that's all that seems to get pointed out around here.

As I've said; it's
> possible to criticise without demonising. I'll criticise any nation
> that has done wrong in my eyes (and I do!);

Which by all means you can because we live in a democracy and i respect everyones right to an opinion

> I agree but from the attitude i get around here it seems everything
> is America's fault and everything that's wrong with the world today
> is because of America, sorry but that type of opinion is the height
> of ignorance. Sure America some of the time doesn't exactly help
> matters the way they go about things but since when was the rest of
> the world squeaky clean? You think France, Russia and Germany didn't
> want to go into Iraq because they were so concerned about innocents
> dying and that reason alone? If you do you're as ignorant as people
> who think america is land of milk and honey. I'm guessing the fact
> they are owed millions by Iraq and have trade deals with them didn't
> influence their reluctance to act one bit did it? How about pointing
> that out from time to time? It's not just America who are doing
> things to suit themselves
>
> Pointing it out from time to time? I seem to recall I already have;
> I'll even pop the thread I started to do so if you like?

No that's fine but i didn't see about 10 topics all saying virtually the same thing criticising to death the russians, french etc while throwing stereotypical ideas of these nations in which seems to be the norm for anything involving America.

>
> The fact is that Russia's atrocities in Chechnya, much like French
> influence in the horrors that took place in Rwanda, are not a threat
> to world stability. America and the UK's dumb@ss actions in Iraq
> are.

So as long as it doesn't threaten the world stability we can cause as much havoc as we like in other countries?

> totally agree but then again if you look through history America
> still has a long way to go to reaching anywhere near the types of
> thing Europe has done.
>
> True enough; America has yet to instigate gas chambers (as the UK
> did) or invent concentration camps (us again) or wage war on a
> country for the right to keep them addicted to opium (guess who). Do
> you think I should lay off America until they reach a certain level
> of depravity?

No but try and keep in mind in your zest to point out things that are wrong today that they damn sure haven't done it on anywhere near the same scale as we europeans have.

>
> Again, for the record; blinkered anti-americanism is equally as
> ridiculous as blinkered pro-americanism.

*yawn* i've seen this so much with you and Bell, anyone who dares to actually stand up for America is suddenly someone who waves old glory out in the street and has all the wallpaper and bed clothes in their bedroom. This is why i've never bothered to actually air my opinions on the matter because i'd just be some pro american in your eyes. Well actually i'm not, i know America has it's fault, like any nation, and i'll be first to admit them however unlike most of the people here i have actually lived in America for a few years so i know the people to be probably some of the nicest of the face of the planet and have had first hand experience with them instead of the usual ignorant opinions of *americans are fat and stupid* that gets posted by the people around here. So if i am a bit partial and on the Americans side then please forgive me. It's just a shame they have such an idiot running their country because people think all americans are like him which couldn't be any further from the truth. If other countries did the same for our country then the english would be a lying race of people who kiss up to anyones ass as long as they have power.

I'll repost the rant I wrote
> about that very subject if you want me too, but the fact is that
> America is deserving of a hell of a lot of the criticism it currently
> receives.

I agree but then so again are alot of other countries but where are all the posts about that? Obviously it doesn't matter if other countries are commiting horrible acts, lets just point out everything America does and put it under a huge microscope while conveniently ignoring the others eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.