GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I be taking this seriously?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/09/03 at 20:26
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Email I got the other day. Scare tactic I think. Bouncer has gotten one as well. Anyone else?

Dear (Email address - I removed it),

You have been detected as a corrupt fileshare user and we have detected you have downloaded illegal files and legal action is to be taken. We will contact you by phone or post soon to arrange court dates and suitable prosecution.

Reguards
Kazaa team
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:41
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Hmmm.
>
> I don't even have the official Kazaa.
> www.k-lite.tk
> Much better. Why did you even put in your real e-mail address?

I don't know wheter I did or not, can't remember. I normally don't enter real details. Can't your IP address give you away or something? There must be a way for people to get your email address without giving it to them.
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:40
Regular
Or even better, use I-mesh!
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:39
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Lol you in trouble, big trouble.
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:39
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Well K-Lite already has a fake e-mail address entered from the start, and you don't have to register with Kazaa in any way so if you got the e-mail my powers of deduction say: fake spam.

And like I said the RIAA are American.
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:37
Regular
"Light of the world"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Hmmm.
>
> I don't even have the official Kazaa.
> www.k-lite.tk
> Much better. Why did you even put in your real e-mail address?

...thats what i have i think...hmm
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:36
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Hmmm.

I don't even have the official Kazaa.
www.k-lite.tk
Much better. Why did you even put in your real e-mail address?
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:35
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
Kazaa wouldn't take you to court any way only the RIAA would(at the moment) and only your IP would send you an email to say that the RIAA requested your details.
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Someone posted a topic with that exact e-mail in it... Bouncer I think, and we all worked out that it's most likely just a scaring tactic rather than a serious threat.
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:34
Regular
"Not a Jew"
It came from:

[email protected]
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:33
Regular
I wouldnt take it seriously, they ar only prosecuting americans who signed up for the $30 service.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.