GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I be taking this seriously?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/09/03 at 20:26
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Email I got the other day. Scare tactic I think. Bouncer has gotten one as well. Anyone else?

Dear (Email address - I removed it),

You have been detected as a corrupt fileshare user and we have detected you have downloaded illegal files and legal action is to be taken. We will contact you by phone or post soon to arrange court dates and suitable prosecution.

Reguards
Kazaa team
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:26
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Email I got the other day. Scare tactic I think. Bouncer has gotten one as well. Anyone else?

Dear (Email address - I removed it),

You have been detected as a corrupt fileshare user and we have detected you have downloaded illegal files and legal action is to be taken. We will contact you by phone or post soon to arrange court dates and suitable prosecution.

Reguards
Kazaa team
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:29
Bah load of crap dude, although i would be worried.

Dont worry bout it, they hant even got your home address have they?
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:30
Regular
"Light of the world"
I think i got one..but i never opened it

It was from kazaa and the title was weird so just incase I didnt open it!
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:31
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
What address did it come from?
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:32
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Oh yeah, you should probably know that the RIAA only exists in the USA too.
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:33
Regular
I wouldnt take it seriously, they ar only prosecuting americans who signed up for the $30 service.
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:34
Regular
"Not a Jew"
It came from:

[email protected]
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Someone posted a topic with that exact e-mail in it... Bouncer I think, and we all worked out that it's most likely just a scaring tactic rather than a serious threat.
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:35
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
Kazaa wouldn't take you to court any way only the RIAA would(at the moment) and only your IP would send you an email to say that the RIAA requested your details.
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:36
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Hmmm.

I don't even have the official Kazaa.
www.k-lite.tk
Much better. Why did you even put in your real e-mail address?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.