GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sodding Cineworld"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/09/03 at 17:08
Regular
Not showing Guy Pearce's latest film, The Hard Word, which is released tomorrow. It's an Aussie-indie film with Rachael Griffiths in as well. Would've been class, saw a trailer for it at this very Cineworld. Guy Pearce is, along with William H Macy, Alan Rickman, Sean Bean and Jason Lee, my favourite actor. Actually, that's quite a few. No matter.

Instead Bruce Willis is going to run about a jungle for a bit and Angelina Jolie is going to be on about 4 screens. It's a shame, a crying shame. If your cinema is, by any remote chance, not retarded - go see this. It looks amazing.

I guess I'll have to go and see The Sin Eater. With Heath Ledger. Priesthood intrigue, immortal Pope-type guy, fighting demons Buffy-style. Might be good, as long as Nike don't sponser the rosaries or anything.
Thu 11/09/03 at 17:08
Regular
Not showing Guy Pearce's latest film, The Hard Word, which is released tomorrow. It's an Aussie-indie film with Rachael Griffiths in as well. Would've been class, saw a trailer for it at this very Cineworld. Guy Pearce is, along with William H Macy, Alan Rickman, Sean Bean and Jason Lee, my favourite actor. Actually, that's quite a few. No matter.

Instead Bruce Willis is going to run about a jungle for a bit and Angelina Jolie is going to be on about 4 screens. It's a shame, a crying shame. If your cinema is, by any remote chance, not retarded - go see this. It looks amazing.

I guess I'll have to go and see The Sin Eater. With Heath Ledger. Priesthood intrigue, immortal Pope-type guy, fighting demons Buffy-style. Might be good, as long as Nike don't sponser the rosaries or anything.
Thu 11/09/03 at 17:12
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Alan Rickman is a great actor. The fact that he is in it will make me watch this film.
Thu 11/09/03 at 17:14
Regular
Yeah, shame he's not though. Hence Guy Pearce film.
Thu 11/09/03 at 18:49
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
2003 horror movie Sin Eater - 80's pop temptress Sinitta

They aren't as different as you might think.
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Alan Rickman? SEAN BEAN?
Thu 11/09/03 at 20:14
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Stryke wrote:
> Yeah, shame he's not though. Hence Guy Pearce film.

I just got your original post, taken me about 3 hours but I got there. Bad wording Stryke and Steve Buscemi(sp) should be in your favourite actors.
Fri 12/09/03 at 14:28
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Stryke wrote:
> with Rachael Griffiths in as well... Guy Pearce is, along with William H Macy, Alan Rickman, Sean Bean and Jason Lee...

Woah, other than the permanently out-of-breath and frankly rubbish Sean Bean, what an astonishingly good cast!!
Fri 12/09/03 at 14:32
Regular
"everyone says it"
Kilgore Trout wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> with Rachael Griffiths in as well... Guy Pearce is, along with
> William H Macy, Alan Rickman, Sean Bean and Jason Lee...
>
> Woah, other than the permanently out-of-breath and frankly rubbish
> Sean Bean, what an astonishingly good cast!!

No no.. Sean Bean is very good. Especially in Ronin (for the short part he plays).
Fri 12/09/03 at 16:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Kilgore Trout wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> with Rachael Griffiths in as well... Guy Pearce is, along with
> William H Macy, Alan Rickman, Sean Bean and Jason Lee...
>
> Woah, other than the permanently out-of-breath and frankly rubbish
> Sean Bean, what an astonishingly good cast!!

A good cast for.....?
Fri 12/09/03 at 16:34
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
For a film?

I'm surprised Bean's still alive - he clearly has a respiratory problem! Has he ever given a performance where he doesn't breathe heavily before, during and after every line?

No, I'm sorry, I am exaggerating. He has been in some good films but I'll never really like him. He can't do posh (Goldeneye/Beard of the Rings), does Northerner fine (as he's a native) but for me never inspires any empathy for any character he's ever played. A fine physical presence but of limited ability.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.