GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just enroled on a Dreamweaver Qualification!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/09/03 at 23:23
Regular
Just started 6th form and for the first year they are doing the Dreamweaver web design qualification that only 82 people in the UK currently have. Its only been around since April of this year though but from the first few lessons I have had it seems excellent. Instead of it being an A Level I have taken it as a professional qualification and it all rests on one exam which you do online at the end of the 32 week course. So far we have been starting and going through HTML coding through notepad and stuff but then we are going to go onto incorporating this with Dreamweaver using Dreamweaver as front for graphics etc. They cost a fortune normally but its free at the College I am at and companies are begging for people with this qualification at the moment.

Along with my Computing A Level it sould stand me in pretty good sted providing I don't lose complete interest (highly unlikely).

So... has anyone else here got the qualification as one of 82 in the uk?

:)

Or is anyone else doing something similar this year?
Wed 10/09/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Companies are crying out for Dreamweaver qualifications?

Anyway, I got an A in Computing but I don't want to do Computer Science at Uni, I even turned down my first choice after they changed my course (I didn't get the original course grades) to Computer Science.

I just can't hack it, Computing was boring and tedius towards the end. I could do the creative bits like making my booking system database using Access but when we started having to trace through algorythms, I lost it.

Computer Science is just the same as above but far far more tedius, more algorythms!?!? No thanks!

Back to the subject, web design standards are going to fall in the future. Sooooooo many people think that just because they can make a basic page using Dreamweaver or Frontpage, they can suddenly become a professional web designer. You've got people like Tyla who make very advanced sites and get paid lots to do it, but now with the added competition from more people learning how to do it properly and also from kids who set up their own 'companies.' (I say companies in the form of making a site and calling it a company!) People are becoming lazy, instead of learning to do something properly and then joining into the industry, they're learning how to do the basics and then ripping people off with sh*tty websites made in Dreamweaver or Frontpage.

If you're intending on going full time into web design, you're gonna need to be good, very good. Wages will fall as less experienced people take advantage of people who don't have a clue.

That's also my reason why I wasn't going to do anything web design related at Uni.
Wed 10/09/03 at 07:48
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Nope.
Tue 09/09/03 at 23:23
Regular
Just started 6th form and for the first year they are doing the Dreamweaver web design qualification that only 82 people in the UK currently have. Its only been around since April of this year though but from the first few lessons I have had it seems excellent. Instead of it being an A Level I have taken it as a professional qualification and it all rests on one exam which you do online at the end of the 32 week course. So far we have been starting and going through HTML coding through notepad and stuff but then we are going to go onto incorporating this with Dreamweaver using Dreamweaver as front for graphics etc. They cost a fortune normally but its free at the College I am at and companies are begging for people with this qualification at the moment.

Along with my Computing A Level it sould stand me in pretty good sted providing I don't lose complete interest (highly unlikely).

So... has anyone else here got the qualification as one of 82 in the uk?

:)

Or is anyone else doing something similar this year?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.