GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just enroled on a Dreamweaver Qualification!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/09/03 at 23:23
Regular
Just started 6th form and for the first year they are doing the Dreamweaver web design qualification that only 82 people in the UK currently have. Its only been around since April of this year though but from the first few lessons I have had it seems excellent. Instead of it being an A Level I have taken it as a professional qualification and it all rests on one exam which you do online at the end of the 32 week course. So far we have been starting and going through HTML coding through notepad and stuff but then we are going to go onto incorporating this with Dreamweaver using Dreamweaver as front for graphics etc. They cost a fortune normally but its free at the College I am at and companies are begging for people with this qualification at the moment.

Along with my Computing A Level it sould stand me in pretty good sted providing I don't lose complete interest (highly unlikely).

So... has anyone else here got the qualification as one of 82 in the uk?

:)

Or is anyone else doing something similar this year?
Wed 10/09/03 at 23:50
Regular
Tyla wrote:
> I've done this one:
> http://www.macromedia.com/support/
> training/certified_professional_program/dwmx_developer.html

We start that in January after the first AS exams. For now we are focusing on HTML and Java.
Wed 10/09/03 at 23:48
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Just for the record... Companies are screaming for .NET developers, JAVA Developers and CRM/CMS/B2B application designers. Any monkey with basic knowledge and DW won't get anywhere as this era of needs has died out completely
Wed 10/09/03 at 23:46
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Tyla wrote:
> Rob... since the dawn of MX (soon MX 2004)

Tis out now Alan! Shocking!

> I have never used DW in
> WYSIWYG and code purley by hand in it now and that only becuase of
> the code higlighting features!

Yea exactly. Actually I used to do that until I realised I didn't actually need a 200mp app to highlight code and now I just use vim instead :)
Wed 10/09/03 at 23:45
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

> What you did won't be the same as what I am doing though unless you
> are on the Macromedia website with your contact information?

I've done this one:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/ training/certified_professional_program/dwmx_developer.html
Wed 10/09/03 at 23:33
Regular
Just forget I started this thread. Thought you guys would understand that it isn't just a front for using Dreamweaver but obviously not.
Wed 10/09/03 at 23:23
Regular
Its not jus**t that. Learning Java, HTML and a few others and the implementing with Dreamweaver is a lot later on. Only 82 people have it because mos**t wjo sit it fail and its only been around since April but you become a regis**tered developer from Macromedia and the teaching guy got called down to London for an interview for a massive job but didn't go because of family moving up north to take on a job with Compaq with database management and teaching at the College where I go.

What you did won't be the same as what I am doing though unless you are on the Macromedia website with your contact information?

I didn't pos**t this to get a load of sh*t replies saying that its a load of balls when you don't even know whats invloved with it. Good for you if you did one in 2 days, its not the same as what I am doing and there are a lot more things onvloved than jus**t using Dreamweaver.
Wed 10/09/03 at 22:32
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Or just get some real programming skills..? DW will always be useful
> for bashing out designs or constructing the odd complicated table but
> if you rely on it and plan to go into industry you'll be laughed at.
> The best code is always, always without fail, written by hand.

This whole thread is a pile of mouldy old dogs knackers...

Only 82 people in the uk? Could this be because they gullable? Why bother? I picked up a professionally recognised qualification in DW in less than two days, what in hells name are you going to learn in 32 weeks?

Rob... since the dawn of MX (soon MX 2004) I have never used DW in WYSIWYG and code purley by hand in it now and that only becuase of the code higlighting features!
Wed 10/09/03 at 21:46
Regular
I am just starting out, what the hell do you want me to do?

As I said, the teacher is wanting us to use simple Notepad to learn HTML and then the Dreamweaver will come in later on. 50% of the test is going to be on HTML and implementing different tags into certain situations etc. The other half will be on Dreamweaver and the functions for that.

I will also be learning Java and C++ between the two corses.
Wed 10/09/03 at 21:27
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Or just get some real programming skills..? DW will always be useful for bashing out designs or constructing the odd complicated table but if you rely on it and plan to go into industry you'll be laughed at. The best code is always, always without fail, written by hand.
Wed 10/09/03 at 19:33
Regular
Ye computing will be very good. Very boring but extremely useful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.