GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just enroled on a Dreamweaver Qualification!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/09/03 at 23:23
Regular
Just started 6th form and for the first year they are doing the Dreamweaver web design qualification that only 82 people in the UK currently have. Its only been around since April of this year though but from the first few lessons I have had it seems excellent. Instead of it being an A Level I have taken it as a professional qualification and it all rests on one exam which you do online at the end of the 32 week course. So far we have been starting and going through HTML coding through notepad and stuff but then we are going to go onto incorporating this with Dreamweaver using Dreamweaver as front for graphics etc. They cost a fortune normally but its free at the College I am at and companies are begging for people with this qualification at the moment.

Along with my Computing A Level it sould stand me in pretty good sted providing I don't lose complete interest (highly unlikely).

So... has anyone else here got the qualification as one of 82 in the uk?

:)

Or is anyone else doing something similar this year?
Sat 13/09/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Ha, DW is easy.

But, nice one. Only 82 people in the country is cool :o)
Sat 13/09/03 at 00:29
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Just as a note, I believe the original version of Dreamweaver came out in about 1998? I remember using it to do a site in year 7, I found it the other day and deleted it in case it should ever surface again - my skills are hardly professional now, but that was shambolic.

The only vaguely computer related thing I'm doing this year is IT Key Skills, and that's only becaus eI can't find a bloody way out of it. I never completed the course I was doing last year, so I don't have any piece of paper I can wave at them to say "I've already done this"...Just intensely frustrating, I've been using computers for 10 years and worked in an independent PC shop for the last 1, I really do know how to create WordArt..

Only other courses available seemed tedious and maths based or horrendously simple, so I avoided the area altogether, rather not have a career with computers anyway.

Oh, and in 20 years time I'd expect the architecture of PCs to have changed completely anyway, so Computing degrees as they stand now will be of limited use.
Thu 11/09/03 at 18:25
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Simply put, good luck to you. Hope you get what you want out of the course.
Thu 11/09/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Miserableman wrote:

>

Dreamweaver would highlight that because its an invalid tag. You've missed out the tag...

:p
Thu 11/09/03 at 09:13
Regular
"bing bang bong"
This thread has turned into an absolute train-wreck since I last visited
Thu 11/09/03 at 09:12
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I'm with stupid (everyone else) - do the course if you want to, but I don't see that it would benefit you greatly if you have the next 20 years of your life planned out for you. Looking back, I wouldn't have missed my A-levels for the world, particularly the social life, but my degree isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Thu 11/09/03 at 07:37
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I work in web development.
Thu 11/09/03 at 02:53
Regular
"relocated"
As far as I know only one person in this thread actually works in web design - Tyla - and the rest of us are just pi$sing about with it as a hobby. We all have to start to start somewhere and Dreamweaver seems as good a place as any, especially since it teaches you pretty damn quick that wysiwyg is not enough.

I still think that chasing girls is a better idea, but if you're still up for the course, Alastair, then good luck to you.

Can you tell that I'm in a 'I love the world' mood, or what?
Wed 10/09/03 at 23:51
Regular
Like I said though it doesn't matter. You guys are clearly "technical genius'" who are way past this... Just forget I started the thread.
Wed 10/09/03 at 23:51
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Tyla wrote:
> Rob... since the dawn of MX (soon MX 2004)
>
> Tis out now Alan! Shocking!

I've been having a bad week! That's my excuse anyway!;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.