GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you make of this?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/09/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Quoted from the BBC news page:

"Hundreds of people are facing fines of up to $150,000 (£100,000) for sharing music files without permission.
The US music industry has started legal action, with many observers accusing the recording industry of being heavy-handed.

Exactly 261 people received lawsuits on Monday on behalf of Universal Music Group, BMG, EMI, Sony Music and Warner Music, with more to follow.

Should people be fined for downloading music? Is the music industry being heavy-handed?"

Discuss.
Tue 09/09/03 at 18:24
Regular
"Party Hard"
One person downloading a track wouldn't hurt the industry.

But then a million people...
Tue 09/09/03 at 18:01
Regular
"\\"
I just download an unshare with kazaa so once the song is downloaded no one know i have it... except for the one i got it off.
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:25
Regular
they are only persuing those who are sharing. Bet you thousands of people turned of file sharing today!
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:22
Regular
What made me laugh is how the news team were baffled as to why CD singles are selling at an almost record low, whereas CD albums are selling at a record high.

Who's gonna buy singles when for just twice the price they can have the full albums?

As for music-piracy, I think the US government are doing the right thing. Why should people have stuff for free that I have to pay for?
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Blank wrote:
> Same with cars. Look how much cheaper cars are in the rest of Europe.
> Are THEY being pirated too?

*laughs nervously*
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:11
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Same with cars. Look how much cheaper cars are in the rest of Europe. Are THEY being pirated too?
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:07
Regular
"That's right!"
phi11ip wrote:
> They're expensive because of piracy.

------

No they're not, CDs here are a LOT more expensive than in other countries. They just like ripping us off.
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:04
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
its my only source!!

**hugs Kaaza tightly**
Tue 09/09/03 at 16:58
Lawri wrote:

> **uninstalls Kaaza**

Prrft kaaza is CRAP, delete it, i deleted it ages ago.
Tue 09/09/03 at 16:49
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Lawri wrote:
> damn! Whats the point? If they insist on making CD's so
> expensive.....
>
> **uninstalls Kaaza**

They're expensive because of piracy.

Same as games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.