GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you make of this?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/09/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Quoted from the BBC news page:

"Hundreds of people are facing fines of up to $150,000 (£100,000) for sharing music files without permission.
The US music industry has started legal action, with many observers accusing the recording industry of being heavy-handed.

Exactly 261 people received lawsuits on Monday on behalf of Universal Music Group, BMG, EMI, Sony Music and Warner Music, with more to follow.

Should people be fined for downloading music? Is the music industry being heavy-handed?"

Discuss.
Wed 10/09/03 at 10:13
Regular
"Remember me?"
TURTLE POWER!
Tue 09/09/03 at 22:17
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
I use Kazaa to sample CD's and stuff and get otherwise unobtainable stuff

i.e 'Permission to Land' (The Darkness), 'Fire' (Electric 6) and Turtles episodes.

'HEROES IN A HALF SHELL!'
Tue 09/09/03 at 22:15
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Scaremongering
Tue 09/09/03 at 22:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Bouncer wrote:
> It is a vicious circle really but I dont think Kazaa and Imesh have
> enough warning about mp3 downloads actually been illegal.

Why would they care? They arent going to get sued for it.
Tue 09/09/03 at 21:04
Regular
"may contain nuts"
It is a vicious circle really but I dont think Kazaa and Imesh have enough warning about mp3 downloads actually been illegal.

P.S. 126 days and finally got credentials of a regular.
Tue 09/09/03 at 21:02
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Their logic is rather stupid.

"Our CDs are too expensive so people download the tracks instead. Better put the prices up because we're losing money due to piracy."

If your prices weren't so freakin' high in the first place people wouldn't be downloading music as much. Instead of making their CDs a better proposition they just make even more of a reason to download.

RARRR
Tue 09/09/03 at 21:01
Regular
"may contain nuts"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> they can't arrest the whole world

Or can they...

"tune in next week to find out"
Tue 09/09/03 at 20:57
Regular
i hate these greedy corporations.

the music industry will never collapse due to piracy. what they should be doing is thinking of ways to entice people to BUY, rather than punishing those who download it.

I don't know a single person with a PC that is against downloading music.

they can't arrest the whole world
Tue 09/09/03 at 20:56
Regular
"may contain nuts"
Yeah it could be done but then again computer geeks can get anything if the hack enough and spend enough time dwelling in their parents basements and topping up their monitor tan.

People wouldnt go to such lengths to upload tracks and decode them just to share them. As least a huge amount less at least.
Tue 09/09/03 at 20:54
Regular
And then someone comes along and decodes the coding.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.