GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More $$ for War"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/09/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3088772.stm

$87bn needed.
Can't help thinking that you could solve pretty much the entire world's food shortages, homelessness and disease with that.
Yet we can muster it to kill.

*shakes head*
Tue 09/09/03 at 21:16
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm not sure what to wear

My black t-shirt with red star... or my red t-shirt with black Hammer and Sickle. And what about my feet? Will be storming over grass, I don't want to get my new shoes dirty.
Tue 09/09/03 at 20:36
"Mimmargh!"
Goatboy is right. We should re-enact the storming of the Winter Palace in this country! Then we would be rid of the evil fascists in No.10 and we could stop invading innocent nations and getting our troops killed. Why...we could call it the Soviet Union!
And have Goatboy as our supreme leader. And send all the bourgeoisie Belldandys into camps in the shetland islands where they would work for a change. And the Third World problem would be solved.

Well it worked in Russia.
There was no poverty, death, corruption and a new age of democracy was born after the revolution.

So come on my middle-class, overweight forum dwellers lets storm Parliament and Buckingham Palace!

Oh...hang on a minute...that means...going outside...

Ah well we tried.
Tue 09/09/03 at 15:39
Regular
"relocated"
Unbeliever wrote:
> *bristling with fury*
>
> What is this? A throwaway argument based on one sentence? This is
> madness. Wrench your bloodshot eyes away from the computer screen and
> do some work, damn it!
>
> Am I the only one around here who actually has to work when at work,
> thereby negating my usual posting habits?

I don't know about everyone else, but I was THIS close to solving all the world's problems when you interrupted my train of thought.
Tue 09/09/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Light wrote:
> For the record though; don't you think that the 87 billion would be
> better spent on something other than the land grab?
>
> Of course it could. i never argued that it should go on Iraq. A few
> billion of research grants or ecological preservation will make
> plenty of difference. Certainly more than chugging it at starving
> africans who will only be back asking for more next year.
>
> And for the record, do you not ever get tired of accusing me of
> "defending myself" and what not, when I'm just replying to
> whatever points are made?
>
> Internet self-defence is futile anyway, as I could say whatever makes
> me feel justified, and you could go down the pub and laugh at my
> expense anyway. Pointless. Oh no, am I defending myself again? Heh/

Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded.

Probably I'm using the wrong terminology; I view the debates on here as adversarial. Hence, a response to a query based on an original post is a defence. My bad; a legacy of legal training I suspect.

Anyway, final point from me; the reason most african countries come back to ask for more is due to repayment of loans, massive corruption, and feeding the IMF beast. The majority of problems faced by African countries are either directly the fault of western governments, or at best are excarbated by them. African nations should be allowed to have their own directly elected set of untrustworthy liars to represent them, not ones who have to kowtow so often that they get backache.
Tue 09/09/03 at 15:10
"Darkness, always"
Light wrote:
> For the record though; don't you think that the 87 billion would be
> better spent on something other than the land grab?

Of course it could. i never argued that it should go on Iraq. A few billion of research grants or ecological preservation will make plenty of difference. Certainly more than chugging it at starving africans who will only be back asking for more next year.

And for the record, do you not ever get tired of accusing me of "defending myself" and what not, when I'm just replying to whatever points are made?

Internet self-defence is futile anyway, as I could say whatever makes me feel justified, and you could go down the pub and laugh at my expense anyway. Pointless. Oh no, am I defending myself again? Heh/
Tue 09/09/03 at 14:58
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Damn you all to Hades, you lazy slackers.

Mu ha ha haaaa! Now BACK TO WORK! And to hell with Tiny Tim...
Tue 09/09/03 at 14:57
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> if you say so. I only ever use alleviate in context to pain, and the
> getting rid thereof. Incorrect, perhaps, but there we go.
>
> My point stands, it hasn't been taken away, my pride is in place,
> you're talking crap again. Same old, same old.

Bwahhahahahaha! Y'know, for someone who repeatedly claims not to be bothered by what is said about him on this board, you're awfully prissy about defending yourself...

Still, it's a good laugh to watch someone, who only last week was bitching and moaning about use of sophistry from others, using that same debating technique to try and imply that, even though the facts he used to make his point have been proved to be lies, he is still unquestionably correct...

For the record though; don't you think that the 87 billion would be better spent on something other than the land grab?
Tue 09/09/03 at 14:56
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Damn you all to Hades, you lazy slackers.
Tue 09/09/03 at 14:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yes.
Tue 09/09/03 at 14:46
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
*bristling with fury*

What is this? A throwaway argument based on one sentence? This is madness. Wrench your bloodshot eyes away from the computer screen and do some work, damn it!

Am I the only one around here who actually has to work when at work, thereby negating my usual posting habits?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.