GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More $$ for War"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/09/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3088772.stm

$87bn needed.
Can't help thinking that you could solve pretty much the entire world's food shortages, homelessness and disease with that.
Yet we can muster it to kill.

*shakes head*
Mon 08/09/03 at 19:02
Regular
"may contain nuts"
If the Oxfam adverts are been honest then £10 can support an African family for a week giving them food and clean water.

87 billion, 87,000,000,000.00 will support 8.7 billion families for a week.

Or 23,835,616 families for a whole year.

How can you say that isn't going to make a difference to them?
Mon 08/09/03 at 18:57
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Belldandy wrote:
"a paltry $87 billion..."

*spits out water*

Eh? You'd rather spend 87 billion on 'showing that we won't back away'? Showing who? And I'm sure starving/homeless people in 3rd World countries don't agree that $87 billion makes 'zero difference'.

But sure, spend it on a few nuclear warheads we ain't gonna use. 87 billion won't even make a dent, so why bother?

*scratches head*

Let me get strapped in here.
Mon 08/09/03 at 18:36
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
>
> But in the great scheme of things, it wouldn't make much difference
> at all.
>
> Bollards. "saving lives, rebuild villages, towns,
> governments" - they'd make a difference to the people they
> affect.

Bollards yourself, it'd make zero difference, if we can't get a government in place in one country, backed by close to 200000 troops, you'll damn well not do it anywhere else with no troops.

$87 Billion is money well spent, combined with the sending of more UK forces it shows that we are not going to back away from this. And by the way, http://www.un.org/ecosocdev/geninfo/afrec/ vol13no1/06odalg.gif is an old table showing aid given to just South Africa between 93-97 , totalling close to US$105 billion, so if any of you think you're going to solve the world's problems with a paltry $87 billion then I suggest you contact the UN - the authors of that graph - with your plan, because they're gonna want to know about it....

Getting Iraq secure and rebuilt is the #1 priority there is right now, alongside the continuing war on terror, it's all part and parcel of the same thing.
Mon 08/09/03 at 18:18
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> But in the great scheme of things, it wouldn't make much difference
> at all.

Bollards. "saving lives, rebuild villages, towns, governments" - they'd make a difference to the people they affect.
Mon 08/09/03 at 18:17
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
What exactly does that money go on? Keeping them in twinkies and Ho-Hos?
Mon 08/09/03 at 18:16
Regular
"Selected"
It costs 1 billion dollars a week to keep US forces in Iraq.

great.
Mon 08/09/03 at 18:11
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Not really something to laugh about though, is it? And I think it would make quite a substantial difference, seeing as if George Bush is allowed to continue pumping money into war at this rate he'll probably decide to invade a few other countries while he's at it.

"Well hell boys, we gotta stinking great war budget so we might as well use it! Them Frenchies have been looking at me funny! Bring up G13!"
Mon 08/09/03 at 16:56
"Darkness, always"
HAHAHAAHHAA!! You couldn't even make a dent in African AIDS with that puny amount. The US recently pledged more than four times that amount to fight AIDS, and critics said it didn't nearly go far enough.

Sure, it should go to something other than fighting, but don't start believing that the third world is going to go on suffering just because they're not getting that money. Sure, it could save lives, rebuild villages, towns, governments, perhaps even some civilisation. But in the great scheme of things, it wouldn't make much difference at all.
Mon 08/09/03 at 16:45
Regular
"may contain nuts"
Wish you were prime minister.

The thing is, Blair and Bush have their heads so far up each others ass holes that they cannot see the simple solutions.
Mon 08/09/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3088772.stm

$87bn needed.
Can't help thinking that you could solve pretty much the entire world's food shortages, homelessness and disease with that.
Yet we can muster it to kill.

*shakes head*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.