GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good RPG on Gamecube!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/06/05 at 14:03
Regular
"Good RPG on Gamecub"
Hey everyone!!!

Need a little help. Basically im looking for a good RPG on the gamecube to buy. I kinda want one thats like the final fantasy series? I have played the Gamecube version of final fantasy but its really not my style and nothing like the PS2 versions!!

can anyone reccomend a good RPG to me?? PPEEERRRRLLLEEEEAAASSSSEEEEEE!!!!
Wed 15/06/05 at 17:30
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> Technically they're both RPGs. Every game bar a few puzzle games are,
> as you play a role in each of them. :)

I agree with you on Twilight Town but for the love of god let's not have the "what is an RPG" discussion again :D
Wed 15/06/05 at 16:43
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Tphi wrote:
> They're both Adventure games and you knows it :P
>
> But yesh, Beyond Good & Evil most other things.

Technically they're both RPGs. Every game bar a few puzzle games are, as you play a role in each of them. :)

RPGs as we know them are actually Statistic Based Adventures(or SBAs :P)
Wed 15/06/05 at 16:36
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Tphi wrote:
> Pah, I've my 3 hour English paper tomorrow and I've been playing a
> couple of hours of Kaitos :) Helps me relax. Mizuti just took off her
> mask! :)

I've had mine in May :D. But anywhooo, yes, Paper Mario:TTYD is awesome in my opinion. Seeing as no-one else mentioned much on it. I felt it was fairly short though. And Twilight Town was a bit, well... Meh. Back and forward. Baaack and forward. BBBBAAAAACCCKK AND F**ING FORWARD!!! It was ok-ish I guess. But the game still reaks of awesomeness. Awesome!
Tue 14/06/05 at 23:21
Regular
"thursdayton!"
TaMi-Jr wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
> Mizuti just took off her mask! :)
>
> mate, spoiler warnings =)

Nah, if you don't have the game you don't know what I'm on about, and if you do you just know she'll take it off at some point.

I didn't say it was to save the world as she is the key to the whole game and in fact Kalas' mother reincarnated in a 14 yr old Child of the Earth.

Whoops.
Tue 14/06/05 at 20:11
"period drama"
Will be getting Baten Kaitos or Tales after all my exams are done. Perhaps before, hasty as I am.

I'm thinking BK first. Appeals to me more for some reason.
Tue 14/06/05 at 19:47
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
Tphi wrote:
> Mizuti just took off her mask! :)

mate, spoiler warnings =) i know it aint much but i found that one a surprise none the less :O i personally find LK 1/2 hard to place amongst GC RPG's. Most RPG's have a larger emphasis on story than battle system, although there are exception.
LK has about 95% emphasis on the battle system and the other 5% on story, which is it's biggest let down. i just can't help but like the game for what it is though. it's like when u watch a low budget film, and admire what's been done with the small amount of cash. Activision had hardly any dollar to make LK, so it's not really fair to compare it with other big money RPG's. LK also came out at a time when the Gamecube had no other RPG's, so for the time it was far better than no RPG's at all. i don't know why i'm pro LK, maybe because i bought it for a fiver and was expecting the worst. i found it to be a fun and "charming" little game, if that makes sense. the last boss is no joke though, the game needed one big challenge though.
Tue 14/06/05 at 17:55
Regular
"thursdayton!"
They're both Adventure games and you knows it :P

But yesh, Beyond Good & Evil > most other things.
Tue 14/06/05 at 17:29
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I've just completed Beyond Good and Evil. That was REALLY good. Though a touch too short, so don't spend too much on it. It's an RPG in the same way Zelda is. i.e. it's like Zelda. lol

Get it!

:)
Tue 14/06/05 at 16:49
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Pah, I've my 3 hour English paper tomorrow and I've been playing a couple of hours of Kaitos :) Helps me relax. Mizuti just took off her mask! :)
Tue 14/06/05 at 16:39
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Everyone that owns a Gamecube should own Tales Of Symphonia. It's my favourite game on the GC, though I am still waiting to play BK (I have it sitting here now, waiting for exams to finish...) and am looking into getting SoA.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.