GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animal Rights"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/09/03 at 12:10
Regular
"may contain nuts"
It may seem quite controversial to argue against animal rights but I have a raging feminist girl in my college class who argues about absolutely everything and she has pushed me to the psychological limit and provoked a bit of deep thinking on my part.

Since the dinosaurs perished and mankind became the dominant species on Earth, we have remained unchallenged. Well over 2000 years have gone by and we haven’t had a challenge to our power, a single species (namely us) has pretty much unlimited power. People talk about how intelligent dolphins and dogs are and how they are almost as clever as humans and even show human traits so should be treated equally. A few hundred years ago before the slave trade was abolished, black people were treated worse than animals despite the fact that they were in fact human.

Before the world decides to give animals all these special rights I think we need to sort out human rights before. Racial hatred is at an all time high and before animals start getting treated the same as humans, other humans need to start respecting each other and treat each other as equals.

If animals are smart enough to understand they aren’t treated equally then why don’t they go ahead and do something about it? Why, because they aren’t that smart. I am against animal cruelty for sure, I love animals and hate so see battery farming, fox hunting and animal testing going ahead but we need to develop a perspective. Our fellow man is more important than any animals. No matter how much you love your little pet hamster, a human life is more valuable.

I’m interested to listen to your views on the matter, so go on, discuss.
Tue 09/09/03 at 14:34
"Darkness, always"
It's the beginning of a whole new wave of "compensatory controls", like in the maldives, where they're having to capture and slaughter certain starfish because they're eating what little undamaged coral they have left after pollution and tourism destroyed most of it.

There are numerous examples.
Tue 09/09/03 at 14:46
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Let us not forget Whales also consume vast quantities of plankton; our friendly oxygen producing allies.
Tue 09/09/03 at 15:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The sagacious one wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
>
> You even said yourself "in your environment" you're
> superior. In other's you're not. So get off you're little high horse
> and realise that humans are not as special as they like to think.
>
> Surely that comment is slightly ironic?

Not to mention contradictory - a little high horse?
Tue 09/09/03 at 16:45
Regular
I still think that we take this entire planet for granted.
Think The Simpsons Treehouse Of Horror and dolphins taking over the world.
I want that to happen, so that people take animals more seriously.

And your comment about taking on the Croc in the Nile, it'd just sink, BECAUSE IT'S SO DAMN HEAVY.

Animals are better than us in almost every way except in their ability to make use of their materials.

And, yes, insects will take over the world, as they'll survive the nuclear holocaust that will ravage this planet.

Don't be so stupid, thinking that leaders won't target Nuclear area's. The fact is, if you bomb a Nuclear plant, the radiation will cost thousands of deaths, now, if every Nuclear power plant in britain was bombed, the entire continent would be disrupted, so, the same things would be targeted in the enemies country.

World leaders aren't that smart to think ahead, and by god, terrorists won't even stop to think of doing something like that to cause an all out massive war.

Yes, I've gone off the topic of animal rights a little, but, I'm just trying to show you that no other animal on this planet will do anything remotely near as destroying the planet as the human race will.
Tue 09/09/03 at 16:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
maddmun wrote:
> I still think that we take this entire planet for granted.
> Think The Simpsons Treehouse Of Horror and dolphins taking over the
> world.
> I want that to happen, so that people take animals more seriously.
>
> And your comment about taking on the Croc in the Nile, it'd just
> sink, BECAUSE IT'S SO DAMN HEAVY.
>
> Animals are better than us in almost every way except in their
> ability to make use of their materials.
>
> And, yes, insects will take over the world, as they'll survive the
> nuclear holocaust that will ravage this planet.
>
> Don't be so stupid, thinking that leaders won't target Nuclear
> area's. The fact is, if you bomb a Nuclear plant, the radiation will
> cost thousands of deaths, now, if every Nuclear power plant in
> britain was bombed, the entire continent would be disrupted, so, the
> same things would be targeted in the enemies country.
>
> World leaders aren't that smart to think ahead, and by god,
> terrorists won't even stop to think of doing something like that to
> cause an all out massive war.
>
> Yes, I've gone off the topic of animal rights a little, but, I'm just
> trying to show you that no other animal on this planet will do
> anything remotely near as destroying the planet as the human race
> will.

The mind of a genius if he was indeed a spastic.
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:01
Regular
*Looks at tagline*
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
The sagacious one wrote:

>
> The mind of a genius if he was indeed a spastic.

Aw...leave him alone (or at least stop saying things like that which make me laugh...)! Expressing oneself via the written word isn't easy at times. I always think it's rather brave of people to do so in public when they're perhaps not the best in world at use of language, and it should be encouraged.

I've read and re-read that, and it still sounds patronising. It's not meant to! Honest!!
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:04
"Darth Vader 3442321"
But he dissed me and my Tank.
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:21
Regular
If you wanna kill a croc, find Steve Irwin, and then ask 'im how to calm the beast. There.

No heavy machinery reqired. It's always easier to find the less dangerous way out, rather than waste our precious minerals on weapons which will just cause more death and destruction.

Back to our inferiority. How often do you see an animal war between the same species? We are the only species idiotic enough to try and kill pur own species so violently, just because we want to get their oil.
Wed 10/09/03 at 09:19
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
maddmun wrote:
>
> Back to our inferiority. How often do you see an animal war between
> the same species? We are the only species idiotic enough to try and
> kill pur own species so violently, just because we want to get their
> oil.

Ants. I watched a colony of red ants battling with a colony of black ants over the course of a week when I was on holiday once (erm...not for the whole week, obviously). It was carnage...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.