GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goodbye forums."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/09/03 at 00:02
Regular
That's what some people seem worried about at this precise moment.

Let me re-assure you, as a customer of Special Reserves, I feel extremely confident that the forums will not be closed down permanently.

As Snuggly said, Security hasn't actually been anything to worry about from SR's side for the way the accounts were stolen was not to do with hacking.

From a business point of view, many MANY non-customers become customers after joining the boards (from seeing the Gameaday competition for the reviews) and the proceed to buy products through the website.

If it wasn't for these forums (and the old GAD competitions) I probably wouldn't have been a continuous member for the 5+ years I've been registered as a paying customer.

Sure, I'd probably buy the odd item, but wouldn't have bothered with membership, nor would I have stuck to UKgames.com to buy stuff to save the price of a pint on a game.

If it does happen, I'd be very suprised. It wouldn't be beneficial to anyone, except to those who want to cause mayhem for a virtual trophy or a claim to ill-fame.
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:10
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> Why are you even here?

The truth lies within.
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:08
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Why are you even here?
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:06
Regular
I don't like the idea of games at all or selling them.
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:06
Regular
Thats true, then we get the occasional sad loser coming and spoiling it for everyone!
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:05
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
TGMbloke wrote:
> I prefer to support them. Its just like a family.

I prefer to buy things for less elsewhere, but let's not get into THAT again.
Fri 05/09/03 at 20:59
Regular
"8==="
The forums get people to see the ads and offers without having to come on with the specific aim of looking at what games are out.

The forums draw people back to the site.

The forums put across a more human and less clinical approach to online ordering.

Need I go on?
Fri 05/09/03 at 20:57
Regular
lol
Fri 05/09/03 at 20:55
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
So they would lose money. SR is a business, losing money is BAD. Do you see?
Fri 05/09/03 at 20:54
Regular
They wont close down the forums! Even if they did they would open back up!!
Fri 05/09/03 at 20:54
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> If they close the forums they'll lose a lot of loyal customers.

So?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.