GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goodbye forums."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/09/03 at 00:02
Regular
That's what some people seem worried about at this precise moment.

Let me re-assure you, as a customer of Special Reserves, I feel extremely confident that the forums will not be closed down permanently.

As Snuggly said, Security hasn't actually been anything to worry about from SR's side for the way the accounts were stolen was not to do with hacking.

From a business point of view, many MANY non-customers become customers after joining the boards (from seeing the Gameaday competition for the reviews) and the proceed to buy products through the website.

If it wasn't for these forums (and the old GAD competitions) I probably wouldn't have been a continuous member for the 5+ years I've been registered as a paying customer.

Sure, I'd probably buy the odd item, but wouldn't have bothered with membership, nor would I have stuck to UKgames.com to buy stuff to save the price of a pint on a game.

If it does happen, I'd be very suprised. It wouldn't be beneficial to anyone, except to those who want to cause mayhem for a virtual trophy or a claim to ill-fame.
Sat 06/09/03 at 00:29
Regular
Full Throttle 2 is in development for Xbox, Playstation 2 and PC ain't it?
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:57
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
>
> Never seen those names either.
>
> I have.

Woohoo! Hey dude.
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:48
Regular
"8==="
Edgy wrote:
>
> Never seen those names either.

I have.
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:48
Regular
I haven't played one of them good old point and clicks since me monitor packed in on me old PC.

I'll eventually get a new cheap monitor for it - but in the mean time I'll have to make do with me 3D games.

Point & Clicks I miss:

Full Throttle
Day of the Tentacle
Sam & Max Hit the Road (funnily enough all by Lucasarts)
Star Trek The Next Generation: A Final Unity
Star Trek Deep Space 9: Harbinger

If I could get them to run on XP via some Dos emulation (suprised nothing's come up yet - or if it has, it's well hidden) I would.
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:42
Regular
Sonorous wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> Sonorous wrote:
> >
> Not being funny - but who are you?
>
> Never seen the name Sonorous on here before.
>
> I was Andain and Sexstorm.

Never seen those names either.
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:42
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> Anyone else remmember "Sam and Max: Hit the road" point and
> click? Classic...Off topic I know, but worth mentioning all the same.

I've got that in a double pack with Maniac Mansion II: day of the Tentacle (Which also features the original Maniac Mansion)
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:38
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Sonorous wrote:
>
> Not being funny - but who are you?
>
> Never seen the name Sonorous on here before.

I was Andain and Sexstorm.
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:33
Regular
"8==="
Sonorous: Registered for 35 days.

Anyone else thinking "Shaneo"?
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:29
Regular
Sonorous wrote:
>
> I said a long while back that the forums may be closing down and what
> has happened, yes the initial scare. I can't believe nobody has
> listened to me and listen to this the days of the SR forums are
> indeed numbered. FACT.

Not being funny - but who are you?

Never seen the name Sonorous on here before.

As for the days of the SR forums being numbered. They're still here now aren't they?

Fact.

They're going to disappear anytime soon?

Fiction.

Sure, nothing lasts forever, but these forums are too beneficial to Special Reserve.
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:28
Regular

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.