GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the DS worth buying?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 22:03
"Darkness, always"
From the perspective of a 26 year old gamer, is it worth having? And what games would interest me? Preferably some decent RPG or strategy titles.

Your thoughts are most welcome.
Mon 20/06/05 at 16:01
Regular
yeah i like the fact that u can have a GBA game in at the same time as a DS game, adds to the portability in my opinion.
Means i can play my mario 64, and have super bust a move to relax.
Mon 20/06/05 at 13:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Currently there are 0 RPGs on the DS, but, if you don't have a GBA, it plays GBA games, and obviously that has a whole host of top hole RPGs for you to enjoy - Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Mario & Luigi Superstars etc.

However, here's a nice list of DS games that are coming out that you might be interested in:

Trace Memory (point and click adventure)
Trauma Centre: Under the Knife (A surgery game)
Advance Wars
Mario Kart
Lost In Blue (adventure game)
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Age of Empires
Shogun Empires (RTS)
Animal Crossing
Snowboard Kids
Dynasty Warriors
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Mario & Luigi 2 (RPG)
Harvest Moon
Lunar Genesis (RPG)
Kirby Canvas Curse
Meteos (puzzle)
Mon 20/06/05 at 12:45
"period drama"
What AJ said ... at the moment, it isn't quite worth it unless you've got your heart set on one. But in a few months, there'll be a very nice selection to choose from.
Mon 20/06/05 at 00:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Three random facts about your DS console you probably never knew:

1) If it's your birthday and you go on Pictochat, you get a special multi-coloured message wishing you Happy Birthday.

2) The chime on the DS logo is subtly different if it's your birthday.

3) The ticking second hand on the DS clock actually ticks louder when it reaches the top of the minute.

Be amazed.
Sun 19/06/05 at 23:55
Regular
"\\"
It has an alarm clock?

My god.

Why wasn't I told about this.

Tomorrow shall be a great day. I shall wake up!
Sun 19/06/05 at 23:47
Regular
ds is the most expensive alarm clock i have ever bourght
Sun 19/06/05 at 23:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The-IronFlame wrote:
> I'm assuming Advance wars will have some sort of Wi-fi based
> multiplayer aswell..

Yep.
Sun 19/06/05 at 22:46
Regular
I'm assuming Advance wars will have some sort of Wi-fi based multiplayer aswell..
Sun 19/06/05 at 22:39
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Currently, no, but in a few months time it will be.

Right now the release list is full of puzzle games, but come the end of this year some of the big titles (Advance Wars, Mario Kart, etc) will be out. I'm particularly looking forward to Mario Kart due to the 8-player online. Oh yes.

Not too sure what RPGs are on their way seeing as I'm not a massive fan myself, but there are definitely some on the horizon.
Sun 19/06/05 at 22:03
"Darkness, always"
From the perspective of a 26 year old gamer, is it worth having? And what games would interest me? Preferably some decent RPG or strategy titles.

Your thoughts are most welcome.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.