GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the DS worth buying?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 22:03
"Darkness, always"
From the perspective of a 26 year old gamer, is it worth having? And what games would interest me? Preferably some decent RPG or strategy titles.

Your thoughts are most welcome.
Mon 20/06/05 at 21:44
"period drama"
Actually, there's 100% doubt that it'll play DS games.
Mon 20/06/05 at 19:50
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
imo, ds < psp < gba2

although thats quite a stupid statement considering the gba aint even closed to finished. however, theres no doubt it will play gba/ds games, so i might wait for it. snowboard kids could be the shizzel nizz though. i absolutely loved the n64 game. why? i dont actually know.
Mon 20/06/05 at 18:51
Regular
and stick an xbox 360 on the side aswell.
Mon 20/06/05 at 17:56
Regular
jerocks9 wrote:
> But the PSP is better. I have both and the DS really is poor compared.
> The only thing i like about the DS is having the old N64 games to
> play. I hardly use my DS but play or listen to music on my PSP every
> day.

i know but if they combined them they could make a console with the great touchscreen idea but with the graphics and capabilities of the psp.
Mon 20/06/05 at 17:37
Regular
"Ruddie1"
But the PSP is better. I have both and the DS really is poor compared. The only thing i like about the DS is having the old N64 games to play. I hardly use my DS but play or listen to music on my PSP every day.
Mon 20/06/05 at 17:30
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Alfonse wrote:
> You know what would be cool? If they combined the DS and the psp.

I know, and it would get rid of all these stupid arguements about which one's the best. Sadly that would never happen :(.
Mon 20/06/05 at 17:21
Regular
You know what would be cool? If they combined the DS and the psp.
Mon 20/06/05 at 17:04
Regular
"What's basketball?"
In the way of RPGs you should probably wait for Final Fantasy 3 that was rumoured before the DS' release(it was apperently confirmed, but I forgot so I'll just say rumoured). And a few others that I won't mention as these guys already have.
Mon 20/06/05 at 16:07
Regular
You can import them already, though it'll cost about £40 if I rememer correctly.

I bought a cheap 3rd party one instead. Bigger, but about £15.

"A good and cool device for your GBA"
I love crap translations.
Mon 20/06/05 at 16:03
"period drama"
I'm hoping when (if) that GBA mp3 player thing comes out over here, you'll be able to use it from the GBA slot and play a DS game at the same time = custom soundtracks = w00t.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.