GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the DS worth buying?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 22:03
"Darkness, always"
From the perspective of a 26 year old gamer, is it worth having? And what games would interest me? Preferably some decent RPG or strategy titles.

Your thoughts are most welcome.
Fri 24/06/05 at 16:20
Regular
"What's basketball?"
> Damn right, graphics aren't that important (it helps though) however,
> that's what games are solely revolved around lately - I bet that the
> games on PS3 will lack the vital gameplay element and concentrate on
> good graphics.
>
> I'm not happy with the way games are going lately. Call me old
> fashioned, but I'm a console collector, and what I have been
> witnessing, I would rather play on my retro consoles over the
> next-gen, where there was an era where gameplay was the most
> important aspect of games.

I wouldn't say they aren't important. Graphics can be a bonus if the game is good in my opinion. Although, graphics are very important to some people. On certain occasions(Like Kingdom Hearts and the forthcoming Zelda) I LOVE them nearly as much as I love the old-generation. But I'd happily choose the original Playstation over the PS2(I tend to avoid saying PS1 as that's not what it was called at the time) not because of the graphics, but the actual games. Ie. the Final Fantasies.

I agree with you there- as just about anyone I know would- in thinking the retro titles are better than this-gen. I absolutely ADORED such consoles as the N64 and the Dreamcast(the Playstation is/was brilliant too)!!! I believe this is most likely because we were all a lot younger back then and appreciated what we had more.
Fri 24/06/05 at 11:07
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> Alfonse wrote:
> graphics and capabilities of the
> psp.
>
> I don't really care too much about the graphics myself. I'm still
> wowed by the N64's today. I still want a PSP though. You know, so I
> can be just one more step closer to owning every console in existence
> :).

Damn right, graphics aren't that important (it helps though) however, that's what games are solely revolved around lately - I bet that the games on PS3 will lack the vital gameplay element and concentrate on good graphics.

I'm not happy with the way games are going lately. Call me old fashioned, but I'm a console collector, and what I have been witnessing, I would rather play on my retro consoles over the next-gen, where there was an era where gameplay was the most important aspect of games.
Wed 22/06/05 at 17:02
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Alfonse wrote:
graphics and capabilities of the
> psp.

I don't really care too much about the graphics myself. I'm still wowed by the N64's today. I still want a PSP though. You know, so I can be just one more step closer to owning every console in existence :).
Wed 22/06/05 at 15:31
"period drama"
I got 23 and a hemp-woven sack.
Wed 22/06/05 at 15:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I obtained 8 logic yesterday. Beat that.
Wed 22/06/05 at 14:29
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Animal Crossing looks set to be amazing again...
Wed 22/06/05 at 11:52
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Alfonse wrote:
> Not really games aren't exactly healthy for you.

Erm, well that depends how long you play them for. And statistics show that people who are good at difficult adventure games involving puzzles will obtain far more logic in real life situations.

So, er, ha.
Tue 21/06/05 at 20:52
Regular
Not really games aren't exactly healthy for you.
Tue 21/06/05 at 19:50
"period drama"
Good for you.
Mon 20/06/05 at 21:49
Regular
Oh well I'm just going to get a PSP, Xbox 360 and possibly just possibly a revolution

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.