GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ring (American Version)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/09/03 at 14:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I watched this earlier and it's actually OK. Not particularly scary, but still a well told story. Haven't seen the Japanese original (which I've heard is a lot better), so I haven't got anything to compare it to, but I quite liked it. Not the sort of film I'd rush out and buy, but I don't regret seeing it once and I'll probably go and watch the Japanese version now. Kinda like an evil version of Pay It Forward.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:25
Regular
"may contain nuts"
I thought the horse jumping off the boat was absolutely hilarious, especially as it catches its leg so ungracefully and slaps against the side of the boat like a wet fish.

I've not seen the Japanese one, can you rent it from regular video shops?
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I watched it yesterday, and I thought it was rubbish.

The japanese version really is much better. None of that nonce-sense about horses, and also, no stupid sixth sense kids seeing dead people.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:20
Regular
"may contain nuts"
I've got the movie on dvd already, the movie is good but the special features are sparse.
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:41
Regular
*SPOILER ALERT*

4Father wrote:
> No nothing like that, it isnt very supernatural, its quite straight
> forward really.

Nah, there's nothing supernatural about a girl who NEVER sleeps, who keeps causing evil wherever she goes, creating a videotape via her mind, climbing up a deep well after dying of either drowning, bad infections or brain damage, then crawling out of the TV whilst moving like she's still part of the tape, then draining you of your life whilst you become disfigured.

Nah, just your every day simple murder case.
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:43
Regular
It was overhyped I admit but it was a good film anyway.
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:39
Regular
"I Love 2 rock!"
lol...thats k, well there was such a hype about 6th secnce and it wasnt scary
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:38
Regular
I disagree actually, I enjoyed 6th sense a lot but found the Gift very very boring indeed!
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:28
Regular
"I Love 2 rock!"
o ok, sixth scence and the others are crap! but gift is ok
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:26
Regular
No nothing like that, it isnt very supernatural, its quite straight forward really.
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:21
Regular
"I Love 2 rock!"
Is it kind of like the others/sixth scence/the gift kinda movie?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.