GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best own goal ever!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 31/08/03 at 16:18
Regular
3 cheers for lauren!!!!
Thu 04/09/03 at 15:45
Regular
"It's been a while.."
LOL that can't be true Munson.
Thu 04/09/03 at 15:16
Regular
"thegodfather"
Blaming the Pitch ?

A few seasons ago I seem to remember Man.U blaming the grey kit they were wearing for being three down at half time against Southampton.
Thu 04/09/03 at 13:18
Regular
"It's been a while.."
I didn't actually see it what was he trying to do? Pass it back? Smack it out for a corner?
Thu 04/09/03 at 13:16
Regular
"Long time no see!"
And on the outside of his left-foot aswell... Just like Ryan Giggs!

Not even Ruud van Nistelrooy could do that!!

:D
Tue 02/09/03 at 17:57
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Badgerman wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> Not 100% sure but i could have sworn Portsmouth were involved. Cross
> came in, almost on penalty spot, the player bends down to pick up
> some loose change and it hits him on his bonce and goes in the net.
>
> That was that Nillis bloke for Leicester aganst Chelsea.

Oh yea it was. Thanks for that Badger. That was annoying me
Tue 02/09/03 at 17:56
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I think i posted the last reply in the wrong section... it was meant to be posted wherever someone was talking about Man Utd losing at Southampton and blaming the pitch... actually it might have been here, i dunno, im losing my mind lol :O
Tue 02/09/03 at 17:48
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
But inevitably all away teams with the exception of ground sharing teams will suffer from the same 'disadvantage' of not 'knowing' the surface they are playing on... i mean come on its grass... 18 other Premiership teams will all have to play on Southamptons pitch and i wonder how many of them will say the surface was dodgy.

I remember when Man Utd lost to Southampton a few years ago and blamed it on their kit... apparently they couldnt see each other in thier grey shirts... these are just plain laughable excuses from a team that is trying to hide its blushes, why cant they just be honest and say 'we got beat, it happens, no big deal'

What will the next excuse be?

The ball was too round?

Come on Man Utd, the pitch was fine when Birmingham played Southampton just 8 days earlier in the first game of the season on that surface... what changed in that time? maybe the grass grew 1mm or maybe the sky was a little more blue than normal... you lost, its as simple as that.
Tue 02/09/03 at 17:25
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The pitch can be used as an excuse- If a team isn't used to another's pitch (eg if it is of an inferior quality to othewr clubs' they have played on recently). Or it's a sh*t playing surface.
Tue 02/09/03 at 16:14
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
The pitch at St Marys wasnt bad enough to stop Birmingham from playing Southampton totally off the park in ALL areas just 8 days earlier... if only we had a striker available that day :s

Southampton were the happier of the 2 teams at the 0-0 scoreline despite them hitting the bar they didnt threaten at all other than that, must be the superb defence/midfield that Birmingham have got in place :D
Tue 02/09/03 at 14:30
"Darkness, always"
Using the grass as an excuse for losing is more valid than consistently failing to see any of your players do anything, shall we say, "unprofessional".

The grass WAS long, long grass slows the ball and disrupts passing play, which is Utds game. Sure, it shouldn't have made much of a difference, but it's a valid fact, whereas "I didn't see ze incident" EVERY TIME is just plain bulls**t.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.